Taiwan domestic literature list (613)
1. Yang CS, Lai JS. [A study on titration of antibody against poliovirus by hemagglutination test]. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1961. 60: 445-51.
2. Chen E. Cultivation of poliovirus in canine kidney cell culture. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1962. 61: 231-8.
3. Yang CS, Lee YJ, Lin YC. Experimental infection with poliovirus type I in Taiwan monkeys by oral route. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1962. 61: 273-81.
4. Lin CC, Shiao LC. Poliovirus Antibody of the Newborn in Taiwan with Reference to Active Immunization with Sabin Oral Vaccine. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1963. 4: 159-67.
5. Wu TH, Chen CY, Yang CS, Chen CL, Chen KP. Prevalence of enterovirus infection among healthy young children in Taipei area. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1966. 65: 99-108.
6. Chen WY, Shen MC, Kuo FH. An epidemiologic and clinical study on the outbreak of an enterovirus in Taitung county, Taiwan. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1968. 67: 266-74.
7. Emanuel I, Huang SW, Yeh EK. Physical features of Chinese children with Down’s syndrome. Am J Dis Child 1968. 115: 461-8.
8. APHA conference report, 1968. Communicable disease. Public Health Rep 1969. 84: 257-61.
9. Clarke EJ, Jr., Phillips IA, Alexander ER. Adenovirus infection in intussusception in children in Taiwan. JAMA 1969. 208: 1671-4.
10. Chung ST, Pan IH. Oxygen uptake of virus-induced fused cells. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1970. 69: 335-8.
11. Hsu ST, Lin SY. Poliomyelitis on Taiwan. II. Virological and serological surveys before and after mass Sabin vaccination. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1970. 69: 469-75.
12. Hsu ST, Lin SY. Anti-poliomyelitis campaign in Taiwan. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1971. 2: 140-6.
13. Wang TS, Chen SH, Lo CH, Hsia S. Surveillance of viral infections at the National Taiwan University Hospital. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1972. 71: 615-20.
14. Mirkovic RR, Kono R, Yin-Murphy M, Sohier R, Schmidt NJ, Melnick JL. Enterovirus type 70: the etiologic agent of pandemic acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis. Bull World Health Organ 1973. 49: 341-6.
15. Tai FH, Lin HM, Chu S, Wei HY. A new form of acute conjunctivitis epidemic in Taiwan. A simultaneous outbreak of adenovirus type II and “acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis” virus infections. Zhonghua Min Guo Wei Sheng Wu Xue Za Zhi 1974. 7: 79-87.
16. Kono R, Sasagawa A, Miyamura K, Tajiri E. Serologic characterization and sero-epidemiologic studies on acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis (AHC) virus. Am J Epidemiol 1975. 101: 444-57.
17. Anderson LJ, Hatch MH, Flemister MR, Marchetti GE, Jr. Detection of enterovirus 70 with monoclonal antibodies. J Clin Microbiol 1984. 20: 405-8.
18. Tang RB, Wang HC, Lee SJ, Chang TK, Hwang B. Seroimmunity to poliomyelitis in hospital personnel. Zhonghua Min Guo Wei Sheng Wu Ji Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 1984. 17: 188-92.
19. Lin KH, Chiang CH, Yang CS. Study on enterovirus 70: age distribution of neutralizing antibody and some characteristics of the virus. Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1985. 84: 296-307.
20. Ishii K, Nakazono N, Fujinaga K, Fujii S, Kato M, Ohtsuka H, Aoki K, Chen CW, Lin CC, Sheu MM, et al. Comparative studies on aetiology and epidemiology of viral conjunctivitis in three countries of East Asia–Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. Int J Epidemiol 1987. 16: 98-103.
21. Lee CN, Kao CL, Lee CY. Differentiation of poliovirus type I isolates in the 1982 epidemic from Sabin-I strain by antigenic and temperature markers. Zhonghua Min Guo Wei Sheng Wu Ji Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 1987. 20: 80-8.
22. Chou MY, Malison MD. Outbreak of acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis due to coxsackie A24 variant–Taiwan. Am J Epidemiol 1988. 127: 795-800.
23. Chu CT, Yang SY, Yang CS. A human-human hybridoma which produces antibodies to polioviruses. Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B 1989. 13: 284-8.
24. Silarug N, Foy HM, Kupradinon S, Rojanasuphot S, Nisalak A, Pongsuwant Y. Epidemic of fever of unknown origin in rural Thailand, caused by influenza A (H1N1) and dengue fever. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1990. 21: 61-7.
25. Lin KH, Takeda N, Miyamura K, Yamazaki S, Chen CW. The nucleotide sequence of 3C proteinase region of the coxsackievirus A24 variant: comparison of the isolates in Taiwan in 1985-1988. Virus Genes 1991. 5: 121-31.
26. Chiang FT, Lin LI, Tseng YZ, Tseng CD, Hsu KL, Wu TL, Ho SW. Detection of enterovirus RNA in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy by polymerase chain reaction. J Formos Med Assoc 1992. 91: 569-74.
27. Ishiko H, Takeda N, Miyamura K, Tanimura M, Yamanaka T, Kasuga K, Oda K, Imai K, Yamamoto Y, Mochida Y, et al. Phylogenetically different strains of a variant of coxsackievirus A 24 were repeatedly introduced but discontinued circulating in Japan. Arch Virol 1992. 126: 179-93.
28. Kao CH, Wang SJ, Yeh SH. Detection of Coxsackie B virus myocarditis on Tc-99m PYP myocardial imaging. Clin Nucl Med 1992. 17: 48-51.
29. Kao KP, Liu WT, Wang SJ, Chern CM. Lack of serum neutralizing antibody against poliovirus in patients with juvenile distal spinal muscular 105 atrophy of upper extremities. Brain Dev 1993. 15: 219-21.
30. Lin KH, Wang HL, Sheu MM, Huang WL, Chen CW, Yang CS, Takeda N, Kato N, Miyamura K, Yamazaki S. Molecular epidemiology of a variant of coxsackievirus A24 in Taiwan: two epidemics caused by phylogenetically distinct viruses from 1985 to 1989. J Clin Microbiol 1993. 31: 1160-6.
31. Lu YS, Lin DF, Lee YL, Liao YK, Tsai HJ. Infectious bill atrophy syndrome caused by parvovirus in a co-outbreak with duck viral hepatitis in ducklings in Taiwan. Avian Dis 1993. 37: 591-6.
32. Sun W, Huang FY, Hung HY. Fatal enteroviral infection in a neonate. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1993. 34: 492-5.
33. Lin KH, Sheu MM, Huang L, Chen CW, Wen KH, Hwang HZ, Tsai SM, Nakazono N, Yang CS. eroepidemiological study of coxsackievirus type A24 variant (CA24v) in Taiwan. Gaoxiong Yi Xue Ke Xue Za Zhi 1994. 10: 606-12.
34. Lin KH, Sheu MM, Wang HL, Huang WL, Chen CW, Yang CS. Study on some biological and antigenic characteristics of CA24v isolates in Taiwan in 1985-1989. Gaoxiong Yi Xue Ke Xue Za Zhi 1994. 10: 279-86.
35. Teng RJ, Ho MM, Wang PJ, Hwang KC. Trismus-pseudocamptodctyly syndrome: report of one case. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1994. 35: 144-7.
36. Chou LL, Chang CP, Wu LC. Neonatal coxsackievirus B1 infection associated with severe hepatitis: report of three cases. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1995. 36: 296-9.
37. Hsu CM, Chen JM, Huang LM, Lee PI, Kao CL, Lee CY. Outbreak of aseptic meningitis in Taipei in spring 1993. J Formos Med Assoc 1995. 94:14-8.
38. Lee YJ, Yang D, Shyur SD, Chiu NC. Neurogenic diabetes insipidus in a child with fatal Coxsackie virus B1 encephalitis. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 1995. 8: 301-4.
39. Tang RB, Chen SJ, Wu KG, Lee BH, Hwang B. The clinical evaluation of an outbreak of aseptic meningitis in children. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei) 1996. 57: 134-8.
40. Wang SM, Liu CC, Chen YJ, Chang YC, Huang CC. Alice in Wonderland syndrome caused by coxsackievirus B1. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1996. 15:470-1.
41. Kuan MM. Detection and rapid differentiation of human enteroviruses following genomic amplification. J Clin Microbiol 1997. 35: 2598-601.
42. Lin KJ, Wang WN. Moebius syndrome: report of case. ASDC J Dent Child 1997. 64: 64-7.
43. Centers for Disease C, Prevention. Deaths among children during an outbreak of hand, foot, and mouth disease–Taiwan, Republic of China, April-July 1998. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1998. 47: 629-32.
44. Chiou CC, Liu WT, Chen SJ, Soong WJ, Wu KG, Tang RB, Hwang B. Coxsackievirus B1 infection in infants less than 2 months of age. Am J Perinatol 1998. 15: 155-9.
45. Hu WL, Lu JH, Meng CC, Hwang B. Neonatal myocardial infarction: a case report. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei) 1998. 61: 110-5.
46. Lee PI, Lee CY, Wang TR. Recommendations for management of severe enterovirus infection in Taiwan. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1998. 39: 217.
47. Wang SM, Liu CC, Yang YJ, Yang HB, Lin CH, Wang JR. Fatal coxsackievirus B infection in early infancy characterized by fulminant hepatitis. J Infect 1998. 37: 270-3.
48. Chang LY, Lin TY, Hsu KH, Huang YC, Lin KL, Hsueh C, Shih SR, Ning HC, Hwang MS, Wang HS, Lee CY. Clinical features and risk factors of pulmonary oedema after enterovirus-71-related hand, foot, and mouth disease. Lancet 1999. 354: 1682-6.
49. Chang LY, Lin TY, Huang YC, Tsao KC, Shih SR, Kuo ML, Ning HC, Chung PW, Kang CM. Comparison of enterovirus 71 and coxsackie-virus A16 clinical illnesses during the Taiwan enterovirus epidemic, 1998. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1999. 18: 1092-6.
50. Dolin R. Enterovirus 71–emerging infections and emerging questions. N Engl J Med 1999. 341: 984-5.
51. Ho M, Chen ER, Hsu KH, Twu SJ, Chen KT, Tsai SF, Wang JR, Shih SR. An epidemic of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan. Taiwan Enterovirus Epidemic Working Group. N Engl J Med 1999. 341: 929-35.
52. Huang CC, Liu CC, Chang YC, Chen CY, Wang ST, Yeh TF. Neurologic complications in children with enterovirus 71 infection. N Engl J Med 1999. 341: 936-42.
53. Lin SL, Shih SR, Hung YB, Lin CY, Lu CS. Intussusception in a child infected with enterovirus: case report. Changgeng Yi Xue Za Zhi 1999. 22: 319-23.
54. Lu CY, Lee CY, Lee PI, Tsai HY, Chiu TF, Lin HC, Huang LM. Immunogenicity of oral poliovirus vaccine in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc 1999. 98: 859-62.
55. Shen WC, Chiu HH, Chow KC, Tsai CH. MR imaging findings of enteroviral encephaloymelitis: an outbreak in Taiwan. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1999. 20: 1889-95.
56. Shimizu H, Utama A, Yoshii K, Yoshida H, Yoneyama T, Sinniah M, Yusof MA, Okuno Y, Okabe N, Shih SR, Chen HY, Wang GR, Kao CL, Chang KS, Miyamura T, Hagiwara A. Enterovirus 71 from fatal and nonfatal cases of hand, foot and mouth disease epidemics in Malaysia, Japan and Taiwan in 1997-1998. Jpn J Infect Dis 1999. 52: 12-5.
57. Wang SM, Liu CC, Tseng HW, Wang JR, Huang CC, Chen YJ, Yang YJ, Lin SJ, Yeh TF. Clinical spectrum of enterovirus 71 infection in children 106 in southern Taiwan, with an emphasis on neurological complications. Clin Infect Dis 1999. 29: 184-90.
58. Wu TN, Tsai SF, Li SF, Lee TF, Huang TM, Wang ML, Hsu KH, Shen CY. Sentinel surveillance for enterovirus 71, Taiwan, 1998. Emerg Infect Dis 1999. 5: 458-60.
59. Zimmerman RD. MR imaging findings of enteroviral encephalomyelitis: an outbreak in Taiwan. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1999. 20: 1775-6.
60. AbuBakar S, Chan YF, Lam SK. Outbreaks of enterovirus 71 infection. N Engl J Med 2000. 342: 355-6.
61. Chow KC, Lee CC, Lin TY, Shen WC, Wang JH, Peng CT, Lee CC. Congenital enterovirus 71 infection: a case study with virology and immunohistochemistry. Clin Infect Dis 2000. 31: 509-12.
62. Ho M. Enterovirus 71: the virus, its infections and outbreaks. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2000. 33: 205-16.
63. Hsiung GD, Wang JR. Enterovirus infections with special reference to enterovirus 71. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2000. 33: 1-8.
64. Hsueh C, Jung SM, Shih SR, Kuo TT, Shieh WJ, Zaki S, Lin TY, Chang LY, Ning HC, Yen DC. Acute encephalomyelitis during an outbreak of enterovirus type 71 infection in Taiwan: report of an autopsy case with pathologic, immunofluorescence, and molecular studies. Mod Pathol 2000. 13: 1200-5.
65. Jan SL, Chi CS, Hwang B, Fu YC, Chen PY, Mak SC. Cardiac manifestations of fatal enterovirus infection during the 1998 outbreak in Taiwan. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei) 2000. 63: 612-8.
66. Kung SH, Wang YC, Lin CH, Kuo RL, Liu WT. Rapid diagnosis and quantification of herpes simplex virus with a green fluorescent protein reporter system. J Virol Methods 2000. 90: 205-12.
67. Lin YL, Lei HY, Wen YY, Luh TY, Chou CK, Liu HS. Light-independent inactivation of dengue-2 virus by carboxyfullerene C3 isomer. Virology 2000. 275: 258-62.
68. Liu CC, Tseng HW, Wang SM, Wang JR, Su IJ. An outbreak of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan, 1998: epidemiologic and clinical manifestations. J Clin Virol 2000. 17: 23-30.
69. Shen WC, Tsai C, Chiu H, Chow K. MRI of Enterovirus 71 myelitis with monoplegia. Neuroradiology 2000. 42: 124-7.
70. Shih SR, Ho MS, Lin KH, Wu SL, Chen YT, Wu CN, Lin TY, Chang LY, Tsao KC, Ning HC, Chang PY, Jung SM, Hsueh C, Chang KS. Genetic analysis of enterovirus 71 isolated from fatal and non-fatal cases of hand, foot and mouth disease during an epidemic in Taiwan, 1998. Virus Res 2000. 68: 127-36.
71. Shih SR, Li YS, Chiou CC, Suen PC, Lin TY, Chang LY, Huang YC, Tsao KC, Ning HC, Wu TZ, Chan EC. Expression of capsid [correction of caspid] protein VP1 for use as antigen for the diagnosis of enterovirus 71 infection. J Med Virol 2000. 61: 228-34.
72. Singh S, Chow VT, Chan KP, Ling AE, Poh CL. RT-PCR, nucleotide, amino acid and phylogenetic analyses of enterovirus type 71 strains from Asia. J Virol Methods 2000. 88: 193-204.
73. Wang JR, Tsai HP, Chen PF, Lai YJ, Yan JJ, Kiang D, Lin KH, Liu CC, Su IJ. An outbreak of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan, 1998. II. Laboratory diagnosis and genetic analysis. J Clin Virol 2000. 17: 91-9.
74. Wong KT. Emerging and re-emerging epidemic encephalitis: a tale of two viruses. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 2000. 26: 313-8.
75. Yan JJ, Wang JR, Liu CC, Yang HB, Su IJ. An outbreak of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan 1998: a comprehensive pathological, virological, and molecular study on a case of fulminant encephalitis. J Clin Virol 2000. 17: 13-22.
76. Yu CK, Chen CC, Chen CL, Wang JR, Liu CC, Yan JJ, Su IJ. Neutralizing antibody provided protection against enterovirus type 71 lethal challenge in neonatal mice. J Biomed Sci 2000. 7: 523-8.
77. Chang CH, Sheu MM, Lin KH, Chen CW. Hemorrhagic viral keratoconjunctivitis in Taiwan caused by adenovirus types 19 and 37: applicability of polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism in detecting adenovirus genotypes. Cornea 2001. 20: 295-300.
78. Chen CY, Chang YC, Huang CC, Lui CC, Lee KW, Huang SC. Acute flaccid paralysis in infants and young children with enterovirus 71 infection: MR imaging findings and clinical correlates. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2001. 22: 200-5.
79. Chu PY, Lin KH, Hwang KP, Chou LC, Wang CF, Shih SR, Wang JR, Shimada Y, Ishiko H. Molecular epidemiology of enterovirus 71 in Taiwan. Arch Virol 2001. 146: 589-600.
80. Chung PW, Huang YC, Chang LY, Lin TY, Ning HC. Duration of enterovirus shedding in stool. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2001. 34: 167-70.
81. Huang CC. Neurologic complications of enterovirus 71 infection in children: lessons from this Taiwan epidemic. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2001. 42: 5-7.
82. Liao HT, Hung KL. Neurologic involvement in an outbreak of enterovirus 71 infection: a hospital-based study. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2001. 42: 27-32.
83. Lin KH, Chern CL, Chu PY, Chang CH, Wang HL, Sheu MM, Huang WL, Pongsuwanna Y, Yamamoto S, Yoshino S, Ishiko H, Takeda N. Genetic analysis of recent Taiwanese isolates of a variant of coxsackievirus A24. J Med Virol 2001. 64: 269-74.
84. Lu CY, Kao CL, Lee CY, Lee PI, Huang LM. Immunogenicity and fecal poliovirus excretion in sequential use of inactivated and oral poliovirus vaccines. J Formos Med Assoc 2001. 100: 513-8.
85. Shieh WJ, Jung SM, Hsueh C, Kuo TT, Mounts A, Parashar U, Yang CF, Guarner J, Ksiazek TG, Dawson J, Goldsmith C, Chang GJ, Oberste SM, Pallansch MA, Anderson LJ, Zaki SR. Pathologic studies of fatal cases in outbreak of hand, foot, and mouth disease, Taiwan. Emerg Infect Dis 2001. 7: 146-8.107
86. Shinohara M, Uchida K, Shimada S, Segawa Y, Hoshino Y. [Characterization of enterovirus type 71 isolated in Saitama Prefecture in 2000]. Kansenshogaku Zasshi 2001. 75: 490-4.
87. Tsai HP, Kuo PH, Liu CC, Wang JR. Respiratory viral infections among pediatric inpatients and outpatients in Taiwan from 1997 to 1999. J Clin Microbiol 2001. 39: 111-8.
88. Wu CN, Lin YC, Fann C, Liao NS, Shih SR, Ho MS. Protection against lethal enterovirus 71 infection in newborn mice by passive immunization with subunit VP1 vaccines and inactivated virus. Vaccine 2001. 20: 895-904.
89. Yan JJ, Su IJ, Chen PF, Liu CC, Yu CK, Wang JR. Complete genome analysis of enterovirus 71 isolated from an outbreak in Taiwan and rapid identification of enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 by RT-PCR. J Med Virol 2001. 65: 331-9.
90. Yang F, Jin Q, He Y, Li L, Hou Y. The complete genome of Enterovirus 71 China strain. Sci China C Life Sci 2001. 44: 178-83.
91. Yang KD, Yang MY, Li CC, Lin SF, Chong MC, Wang CL, Chen RF, Lin TY. Altered cellular but not humoral reactions in children with complicated enterovirus 71 infections in Taiwan. J Infect Dis 2001. 183: 850-6.
92. Chang LY, King CC, Hsu KH, Ning HC, Tsao KC, Li CC, Huang YC, Shih SR, Chiou ST, Chen PY, Chang HJ, Lin TY. Risk factors of enterovirus 71 infection and associated hand, foot, and mouth disease/herpangina in children during an epidemic in Taiwan. Pediatrics 2002. 109: e88.
93. Huang FL, Jan SL, Chen PY, Chi CS, Wang TM, Fu YC, Tsai CR, Chang Y. Left ventricular dysfunction in children with fulminant enterovirus 71 infection: an evaluation of the clinical course. Clin Infect Dis 2002. 34: 1020-4.
94. Kuo RL, Kung SH, Hsu YY, Liu WT. Infection with enterovirus 71 or expression of its 2A protease induces apoptotic cell death. J Gen Virol 2002. 83: 1367-76.
95. Li CC, Yang MY, Chen RF, Lin TY, Tsao KC, Ning HC, Liu HC, Lin SF, Yeh WT, Chu YT, Yang KD. Clinical manifestations and laboratory assessment in an enterovirus 71 outbreak in southern Taiwan. Scand J Infect Dis 2002. 34: 104-9.
96. Li ML, Hsu TA, Chen TC, Chang SC, Lee JC, Chen CC, Stollar V, Shih SR. The 3C protease activity of enterovirus 71 induces human neural cell apoptosis. Virology 2002. 293: 386-95.
97. Lin TY, Chang LY, Hsia SH, Huang YC, Chiu CH, Hsueh C, Shih SR, Liu CC, Wu MH. The 1998 enterovirus 71 outbreak in Taiwan: pathogenesis and management. Clin Infect Dis 2002. 34 Suppl 2: S52-7.
98. Lin TY, Chang LY, Huang YC, Hsu KH, Chiu CH, Yang KD. Different proinflammatory reactions in fatal and non-fatal enterovirus 71 infections: implications for early recognition and therapy. Acta Paediatr 2002. 91: 632-5.
99. Lin TY, Chu C, Chiu CH. Lactoferrin inhibits enterovirus 71 infection of human embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma cells in vitro. J Infect Dis 2002. 186: 1161-4.
100. Lin WC, Lee PI, Lu CY, Hsieh YC, Lai HP, Lee CY, Huang LM. Mycoplasma pneumoniae encephalitis in childhood. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2002. 35: 173-8.
101. Lin YC, Wu CN, Shih SR, Ho MS. Characterization of a Vero cell-adapted virulent strain of enterovirus 71 suitable for use as a vaccine candidate. Vaccine 2002. 20: 2485-93.
102. Lo WT, Wang CC, Chu ML. Pulmonary oedema, encephalitis and retroauricular vesicular rash in a 9-month-old infant. Enterovirus 71 infection complicated by pulmonary oedema and encephalitis. Eur J Pediatr 2002. 161: 239-41.
103. Lu CY, Lee CY, Kao CL, Shao WY, Lee PI, Twu SJ, Yeh CC, Lin SC, Shih WY, Wu SI, Huang LM. Incidence and case-fatality rates resulting from the 1998 enterovirus 71 outbreak in Taiwan. J Med Virol 2002. 67: 217-23.
104. Lum LC, Chua KB, McMinn PC, Goh AY, Muridan R, Sarji SA, Hooi PS, Chua BH, Lam SK. Echovirus 7 associated encephalomyelitis. J Clin Virol 2002. 23: 153-60.
105. McMinn PC. An overview of the evolution of enterovirus 71 and its clinical and public health significance. FEMS Microbiol Rev 2002. 26: 91-107.
106. Nagata N, Shimizu H, Ami Y, Tano Y, Harashima A, Suzaki Y, Sato Y, Miyamura T, Sata T, Iwasaki T. Pyramidal and extrapyramidal involvement in experimental infection of cynomolgus monkeys with enterovirus 71. J Med Virol 2002. 67: 207-16.
107. Shia KS, Li WT, Chang CM, Hsu MC, Chern JH, Leong MK, Tseng SN, Lee CC, Lee YC, Chen SJ, Peng KC, Tseng HY, Chang YL, Tai CL, Shih SR. Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationship of pyridyl imidazolidinones: a novel class of potent and selective human enterovirus 71 inhibitors. J Med Chem 2002. 45: 1644-55.
108. Tsao KC, Chan EC, Chang LY, Chang PY, Huang CG, Chen YP, Chang SC, Lin TY, Sun CF, Shih SR. Responses of IgM for enterovirus 71 infection. J Med Virol 2002. 68: 574-80.
109. Tsao KC, Chang PY, Ning HC, Sun CF, Lin TY, Chang LY, Huang YC, Shih SR. Use of molecular assay in diagnosis of hand, foot and mouth disease caused by enterovirus 71 or coxsackievirus A 16. J Virol Methods 2002. 102: 9-14.
110. Wang JR, Tsai HP, Huang SW, Kuo PH, Kiang D, Liu CC. Laboratory diagnosis and genetic analysis of an echovirus 30-associated outbreak of aseptic meningitis in Taiwan in 2001. J Clin Microbiol 2002. 40: 4439-44.
111. Wang JR, Tuan YC, Tsai HP, Yan JJ, Liu CC, Su IJ. Change of major genotype of enterovirus 71 in outbreaks of hand-foot-and-mouth disease in Taiwan between 1998 and 2000. J Clin Microbiol 2002. 40: 10-5.
112. Wu JM, Wang JN, Tsai YC, Liu CC, Huang CC, Chen YJ, Yeh TF. Cardiopulmonary manifestations of fulminant enterovirus 71 infection. 108 Pediatrics 2002. 109: E26-.
113. Cardosa MJ, Perera D, Brown BA, Cheon D, Chan HM, Chan KP, Cho H, McMinn P. Molecular epidemiology of human enterovirus 71 strains and recent outbreaks in the Asia-Pacific region: comparative analysis of the VP1 and VP4 genes. Emerg Infect Dis 2003. 9: 461-8.
114. Chang CH, Lin KH, Sheu MM, Huang WL, Wang HZ, Chen CW. The change of etiological agents and clinical signs of epidemic viral conjunctivitis over an 18-year period in southern Taiwan. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2003. 241: 554-60.
115. Chen CA, Tsao PN, Chou HC, Hsieh WS, Huang LM. Severe echovirus 30 infection in twin neonates. J Formos Med Assoc 2003. 102: 59-61.
116. Chen KS, Lin KL, Wang HS, Hsia SH, Lin TY, Lin PY. Transcranial Doppler sonography in the early stage of critical enteroviral infection. J Ultrasound Med 2003. 22: 1061-6.
117. Fu YC, Chi CS, Jan SL, Wang TM, Chen PY, Chang Y, Chou G, Lin CC, Hwang B, Hsu SL. Pulmonary edema of enterovirus 71 encephalomyelitis is associated with left ventricular failure: implications for treatment. Pediatr Pulmonol 2003. 35: 263-8.
118. He YQ, Yang F, Li LC, Jin Q. [Nucleotides sequence analysis of EV71 Chinese strain SHZH98 3C segment]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 2003. 17: 354-7.
119. Hsiao CC, Tsao LY, Chen HN. Echovirus 11 sepsis in a neonate: report of one case. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2003. 44: 104-5.
120. Hu YC, Hsu JT, Huang JH, Ho MS, Ho YC. Formation of enterovirus-like particle aggregates by recombinant baculoviruses co-expressing P1 and 3CD in insect cells. Biotechnol Lett 2003. 25: 919-25.
121. Huang YF, Chiu PC, Chen CC, Chen YY, Hsieh KS, Liu YC, Lai PH, Chang HW. Cardiac troponin I: a reliable marker and early myocardial involvement with meningoencephalitis after fatal enterovirus-71 infection. J Infect 2003. 46: 238-43.
122. Kao CH, Lee SS, Liu YC, Yen MY, Chen YS, Wan SR, Lin HH, Lin WR, Huang CK, Chin C. Outbreak of aseptic meningitis among adults in southern Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2003. 36: 192-6.
123. Lee TC, Tsai CP, Yuan CL, Wei CY, Tsao WL, Lee RJ, Cheih SY, Huang IT, Chen KT. Encephalitis in Taiwan: a prospective hospital-based study. Jpn J Infect Dis 2003. 56: 193-9.
124. Lin TY, Hsia SH, Huang YC, Wu CT, Chang LY. Proinflammatory cytokine reactions in enterovirus 71 infections of the central nervous system. Clin Infect Dis 2003. 36: 269-74.
125. Lin TY, Kao HT, Hsieh SH, Huang YC, Chiu CH, Chou YH, Yang PH, Lin RI, Tsao KC, Hsu KH, Chang LY. Neonatal enterovirus infections: emphasis on risk factors of severe and fatal infections. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2003. 22: 889-94.
126. Lin TY, Twu SJ, Ho MS, Chang LY, Lee CY. Enterovirus 71 outbreaks, Taiwan: occurrence and recognition. Emerg Infect Dis 2003. 9: 291-3.
127. Munemura T, Saikusa M, Kawakami C, Shimizu H, Oseto M, Hagiwara A, Kimura H, Miyamura T. Genetic diversity of enterovirus 71 isolated from cases of hand, foot and mouth disease in Yokohama City between 1982 and 2000. Arch Virol 2003. 148: 253-63.
128. Shih SR, Tsai KN, Li YS, Chueh CC, Chan EC. Inhibition of enterovirus 71-induced apoptosis by allophycocyanin isolated from a blue-green alga Spirulina platensis. J Med Virol 2003. 70: 119-25.
129. Shih SR, Wang YW, Chen GW, Chang LY, Lin TY, Tseng MC, Chiang C, Tsao KC, Huang CG, Shio MR, Tai JH, Wang SH, Kuo RL, Liu WT. Serotype-specific detection of enterovirus 71 in clinical specimens by DNA microchip array. J Virol Methods 2003. 111: 55-60.
130. Wang CL, Wu YT, Liu CA, Lin MW, Lee CJ, Huang LT, Yang KD. Expression of CD40 ligand on CD4+ T-cells and platelets correlated to the coronary artery lesion and disease progress in Kawasaki disease. Pediatrics 2003. 111: E140-7.
131. Wang SM, Lei HY, Huang KJ, Wu JM, Wang JR, Yu CK, Su IJ, Liu CC. Pathogenesis of enterovirus 71 brainstem encephalitis in pediatric patients: roles of cytokines and cellular immune activation in patients with pulmonary edema. J Infect Dis 2003. 188: 564-70.
132. Wen YY, Chang TY, Chen ST, Li C, Liu HS. Comparative study of enterovirus 71 infection of human cell lines. J Med Virol 2003. 70: 109-18.
133. Chan PC, Chen HL, Ni YH, Hsu HY, Chang LY, Lee PI, Chang MH. Outcome predictors of fulminant hepatic failure in children. J Formos Med Assoc 2004. 103: 432-6.
134. Chang CH, Lin KH, Anderson R. Towards an in vitro model for acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis: cytokine-mediated vascular endothelial cell activation triggered by enterovirus type 70 infection. J Clin Virol 2004. 30: 19-23.
135. Chang LY, Chang IS, Lu CY, Chiang BL, Lee CY, Chen PJ, Wang JT, Ho HN, Chen DS, Huang LM, Kawasaki Disease Research G. Epidemiologic features of Kawasaki disease in Taiwan, 1996-2002. Pediatrics 2004. 114: e678-82.
136. Chang LY, Hsia SH, Wu CT, Huang YC, Lin KL, Fang TY, Lin TY. Outcome of enterovirus 71 infections with or without stage-based management: 1998 to 2002. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2004. 23: 327-32.
137. Chang LY, Tsao KC, Hsia SH, Shih SR, Huang CG, Chan WK, Hsu KH, Fang TY, Huang YC, Lin TY. Transmission and clinical features of enterovirus 71 infections in household contacts in Taiwan. JAMA 2004. 291: 222-7.
138. Chang SC, Lin JY, Lo LY, Li ML, Shih SR. Diverse apoptotic pathways in enterovirus 71-infected cells. J Neurovirol 2004. 10: 338-49.
139. Chen YC, Yu CK, Wang YF, Liu CC, Su IJ, Lei HY. A murine oral enterovirus 71 infection model with central nervous system involvement. J Gen Virol 2004. 85: 69-77.
140. Chern JH, Lee CC, Chang CS, Lee YC, Tai CL, Lin YT, Shia KS, Lee CY, Shih SR. Synthesis and antienteroviral activity of a series of novel, oxime ether-containing pyridyl imidazolidinones. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2004. 14: 5051-6.
141. Chern JH, Shia KS, Hsu TA, Tai CL, Lee CC, Lee YC, Chang CS, Tseng SN, Shih SR. Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationships of 109 pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidines: a novel class of potent enterovirus inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2004. 14: 2519-25.
142. Chou CC, Lin KH, Ke GM, Tung YC, Chao MC, Cheng JY, Chen BH. Comparison of nucleotide sequence of p2C region in diabetogenic and non-diabetogenic Coxsacie virus B5 isolates. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2004. 20: 525-32.
143. Fu YC, Chi CS, Chiu YT, Hsu SL, Hwang B, Jan SL, Chen PY, Huang FL, Chang Y. Cardiac complications of enterovirus rhombencephalitis. Arch Dis Child 2004. 89: 368-73.
144. Hu JM, Su PH, Chan CJ, Chen JY. Neonatal meningitis caused by coxsackievirus B5. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2004. 45: 229-31.
145. Kao SJ, Yang FL, Hsu YH, Chen HI. Mechanism of fulminant pulmonary edema caused by enterovirus 71. Clin Infect Dis 2004. 38: 1784-8.
146. Liang CC, Sun MJ, Lei HY, Chen SH, Yu CK, Liu CC, Wang JR, Yeh TM. Human endothelial cell activation and apoptosis induced by enterovirus 71 infection. J Med Virol 2004. 74: 597-603.
147. Lin SE, Zhang Q, Xie HP, Xie JP, He JX, Dong QL, Fang ZY. [Phylogenetic analysis of enterovirus 71 isolated from patients with hand, foot and mouth disease in Guangdong and Fujian provinces, 2000-2001]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 2004. 18: 227-9.
148. Lin TY, Huang YC, Ning HC, Tsao KC. Surveillance of respiratory viral infections among pediatric outpatients in northern Taiwan. J Clin Virol 2004. 30: 81-5.
149. Lu HK, Lin TY, Hsia SH, Chiu CH, Huang YC, Tsao KC, Chang LY. Prognostic implications of myoclonic jerk in children with enterovirus infection. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2004. 37: 82-7.
150. Lu WW, Hsu YY, Yang JY, Kung SH. Selective inhibition of enterovirus 71 replication by short hairpin RNAs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004. 325: 494-9.
151. Shih SR, Chen SJ, Hakimelahi GH, Liu HJ, Tseng CT, Shia KS. Selective human enterovirus and rhinovirus inhibitors: An overview of capsid-binding and protease-inhibiting molecules. Med Res Rev 2004. 24: 449-74.
152. Shih SR, Chiang C, Chen TC, Wu CN, Hsu JT, Lee JC, Hwang MJ, Li ML, Chen GW, Ho MS. Mutations at KFRDI and VGK domains of enterovirus 71 3C protease affect its RNA binding and proteolytic activities. J Biomed Sci 2004. 11: 239-48.
153. Shih SR, Tsai MC, Tseng SN, Won KF, Shia KS, Li WT, Chern JH, Chen GW, Lee CC, Lee YC, Peng KC, Chao YS. Mutation in enterovirus 71 capsid protein VP1 confers resistance to the inhibitory effects of pyridyl imidazolidinone. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2004. 48: 3523-9.
154. Shimizu H, Utama A, Onnimala N, Li C, Li-Bi Z, Yu-Jie M, Pongsuwanna Y, Miyamura T. Molecular epidemiology of enterovirus 71 infection in the Western Pacific Region. Pediatr Int 2004. 46: 231-5.
155. Tsai WH, Lee WT, Lu CY, Peng SS, Shen YZ. Cerebral infarction associated with possible enteroviral infection in an infant. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2004. 45: 296-300.
156. Wang CY, Li Lu F, Wu MH, Lee CY, Huang LM. Fatal coxsackievirus A16 infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2004. 23: 275-6.
157. Wang SY, Lin TL, Chen HY, Lin TS. Early and rapid detection of enterovirus 71 infection by an IgM-capture ELISA. J Virol Methods 2004. 119: 37-43.
158. Wang YF, Chou CT, Lei HY, Liu CC, Wang SM, Yan JJ, Su IJ, Wang JR, Yeh TM, Chen SH, Yu CK. A mouse-adapted enterovirus 71 strain causes neurological disease in mice after oral infection. J Virol 2004. 78: 7916-24.
159. Wu SC, Liu CC, Lian WC. Optimization of microcarrier cell culture process for the inactivated enterovirus type 71 vaccine development. Vaccine 2004. 22: 3858-64.
160. Chang CS, Lin YT, Shih SR, Lee CC, Lee YC, Tai CL, Tseng SN, Chern JH. Design, synthesis, and antipicornavirus activity of 1-[5-(4-arylphenoxy) alkyl]-3-pyridin-4-ylimidazolidin-2-one derivatives. J Med Chem 2005. 48: 3522-35.
161. Chen GW, Hsiung CA, Chyn JL, Shih SR, Wen CC, Chang IS. Revealing molecular targets for enterovirus type 71 detection by profile hidden Markov models. Virus Genes 2005. 31: 337-47.
162. Chen JH, Chiu NC, Chang JH, Huang FY, Wu KB, Lin TL. A neonatal echovirus 11 outbreak in an obstetric clinic. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2005. 38: 332-7.
163. Chiang LC, Ng LT, Cheng PW, Chiang W, Lin CC. Antiviral activities of extracts and selected pure constituents of Ocimum basilicum. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2005. 32: 811-6.
164. Hsia SH, Wu CT, Chang JJ, Lin TY, Chung HT, Lin KL, Hwang MS, Chou ML, Chang LY. Predictors of unfavorable outcomes in enterovirus 71-related cardiopulmonary failure in children. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2005. 24: 331-4.
165. Kao YH, Hung HY, Chi H. Congenital coxsackievirus B5 infection: report of one case. Acta Paediatr Taiwan 2005. 46: 321-3.
166. Lee JC, Wu TY, Huang CF, Yang FM, Shih SR, Hsu JT. High-efficiency protein expression mediated by enterovirus 71 internal ribosome entry site. Biotechnol Bioeng 2005. 90: 656-62.
167. Li L, He Y, Yang H, Zhu J, Xu X, Dong J, Zhu Y, Jin Q. Genetic characteristics of human enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 circulating from 1999 to 2004 in Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China. J Clin Microbiol 2005. 43: 3835-9.
168. Li YT, Liu HS, Lin HP, Chen SH. Gold nanoparticles for microfluidics-based biosensing of PCR products by hybridization-induced fluorescence quenching. Electrophoresis 2005. 26: 4743-50.
169. Liao CS, Lee GB, Liu HS, Hsieh TM, Luo CH. Miniature RT-PCR system for diagnosis of RNA-based viruses. Nucleic Acids Res 2005. 33: e156.110
170. Lin SC, Shyur SD, Ma YC, Huang LH, Lee WI. Hyper-IgM1 syndrome with interstitial pneumonia and diarrhea caused by coxsackievirus B4 in a 3-month-old infant. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2005. 95: 93-7.
171. Liu ML, Lee YP, Wang YF, Lei HY, Liu CC, Wang SM, Su IJ, Wang JR, Yeh TM, Chen SH, Yu CK. Type I interferons protect mice against enterovirus 71 infection. J Gen Virol 2005. 86: 3263-9.
172. Shekhar K, Lye MS, Norlijah O, Ong F, Looi LM, Khuzaiah R, Marzuki I, Hussein I, Wong SL, Mohan J, Sinniah M, Abu Bakar S. Deaths in children during an outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease in Peninsular Malaysia–clinical and pathological characteristics. Med J Malaysia
2005. 60: 297-304.
173. Wang SM, Lei HY, Huang MC, Wu JM, Chen CT, Wang JN, Wang JR, Liu CC. Therapeutic efficacy of milrinone in the management of enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edema. Pediatr Pulmonol 2005. 39: 219-23.
174. Weng TY, Chen LC, Shyu HW, Chen SH, Wang JR, Yu CK, Lei HY, Yeh TM. Lactoferrin inhibits enterovirus 71 infection by binding to VP1 protein and host cells. Antiviral Res 2005. 67: 31-7.
175. Wong WR, Chen YY, Yang SM, Chen YL, Horng JT. Phosphorylation of PI3K/Akt and MAPK/ERK in an early entry step of enterovirus 71. Life Sci 2005. 78: 82-90.
176. Yang CF, Chen HY, Jorba J, Sun HC, Yang SJ, Lee HC, Huang YC, Lin TY, Chen PJ, Shimizu H, Nishimura Y, Utama A, Pallansch M, Miyamura T, Kew O, Yang JY. Intratypic recombination among lineages of type 1 vaccine-derived poliovirus emerging during chronic infection of an
immunodeficient patient. J Virol 2005. 79: 12623-34.
177. Yang TT, Huang LM, Lu CY, Kao CL, Lee WT, Lee PI, Chen CM, Huang FY, Lee CY, Chang LY. Clinical features and factors of unfavorable outcomes for non-polio enterovirus infection of the central nervous system in northern Taiwan, 1994-2003. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2005.
178. Chang LY, Hsiung CA, Lu CY, Lin TY, Huang FY, Lai YH, Chiang YP, Chiang BL, Lee CY, Huang LM. Status of cellular rather than humoral immunity is correlated with clinical outcome of enterovirus 71. Pediatr Res 2006. 60: 466-71.
179. Chen HF, Chang MH, Chiang BL, Jeng ST. Oral immunization of mice using transgenic tomato fruit expressing VP1 protein from enterovirus 71. Vaccine 2006. 24: 2944-51.
180. Chen LC, Shyu HW, Chen SH, Lei HY, Yu CK, Yeh TM. Enterovirus 71 infection induces Fas ligand expression and apoptosis of Jurkat cells. J Med Virol 2006. 78: 780-6.
181. Chen TC, Chen GW, Hsiung CA, Yang JY, Shih SR, Lai YK, Juang JL. Combining multiplex reverse transcription-PCR and a diagnostic microarray to detect and differentiate enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16. J Clin Microbiol 2006. 44: 2212-9.
182. Cheng PW, Ng LT, Lin CC. Xiao chai hu tang inhibits CVB1 virus infection of CCFS-1 cells through the induction of Type I interferon expression. Int Immunopharmacol 2006. 6: 1003-12.
183. Chiu CH, Chu C, He CC, Lin TY. Protection of neonatal mice from lethal enterovirus 71 infection by maternal immunization with attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium expressing VP1 of enterovirus 71. Microbes Infect 2006. 8: 1671-8.
184. Chung YC, Huang JH, Lai CW, Sheng HC, Shih SR, Ho MS, Hu YC. Expression, purification and characterization of enterovirus-71 virus-like particles. World J Gastroenterol 2006. 12: 921-7.
185. Fu YC, Chi CS, Lin NN, Cheng CC, Jan SL, Hwang B, Hsu SL, Gong CL, Chen YT, Chiu YT. Comparison of heart failure in children with enterovirus 71 rhombencephalitis and cats with norepinephrine cardiotoxicity. Pediatr Cardiol 2006. 27: 577-84.
186. Huang MC, Wang SM, Hsu YW, Lin HC, Chi CY, Liu CC. Long-term cognitive and motor deficits after enterovirus 71 brainstem encephalitis in children. Pediatrics 2006. 118: e1785-8.
187. Jean JS, Guo HR, Chen SH, Liu CC, Chang WT, Yang YJ, Huang MC. The association between rainfall rate and occurrence of an enterovirus epidemic due to a contaminated well. J Appl Microbiol 2006. 101: 1224-31.
188. Ke YY, Chen YC, Lin TH. Structure of the virus capsid protein VP1 of enterovirus 71 predicted by some homology modeling and molecular docking studies. J Comput Chem 2006. 27: 1556-70.
189. Ke YY, Lin TH. Modeling the ligand-receptor interaction for a series of inhibitors of the capsid protein of enterovirus 71 using several three-dimensional quantitative structure-activity relationship techniques. J Med Chem 2006. 49: 4517-25.
190. Lee YR, Liu MT, Lei HY, Liu CC, Wu JM, Tung YC, Lin YS, Yeh TM, Chen SH, Liu HS. MCP-1, a highly expressed chemokine in dengue haemorrhagic fever/dengue shock syndrome patients, may cause permeability change, possibly through reduced tight junctions of vascular
endothelium cells. J Gen Virol 2006. 87: 3623-30.
191. Lin FM, Huang HD, Chang YC, Tsou AP, Chan PL, Wu LC, Tsai MF, Horng JT. Database to dynamically aid probe design for virus identification. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 2006. 10: 705-13.
192. Lin KH, Hwang KP, Ke GM, Wang CF, Ke LY, Hsu YT, Tung YC, Chu PY, Chen BH, Chen HL, Kao CL, Wang JR, Eng HL, Wang SY, Hsu LC, Chen HY. Evolution of EV71 genogroup in Taiwan from 1998 to 2005: an emerging of subgenogroup C4 of EV71. J Med Virol 2006. 78: 254-62.
193. Lin MT, Wang JK, Lu FL, Wu ET, Yeh SJ, Lee WL, Wu JM, Wu MH. Heart rate variability monitoring in the detection of central nervous system complications in children with enterovirus infection. J Crit Care 2006. 21: 280-6.
194. Lin YC, Wu SC. Effects of ozone exposure on inactivation of intra- and extracellular enterovirus 71. Antiviral Res 2006. 70: 147-53.111
195. Tsao LY, Lin CY, Yu YY, Wang BT. Microchip, reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and culture methods to detect enterovirus infection in pediatric patients. Pediatr Int 2006. 48: 5-10.
196. Wang HY, Xu AQ, Zhu Z, Li Y, Ji F, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Xu WB. [The genetic characterization and molecular evolution of echovirus 30 during outbreaks of aseptic meningitis]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2006. 27: 793-7.
197. Wang JN, Yao CT, Yeh CN, Huang CC, Wang SM, Liu CC, Wu JM. Critical management in patients with severe enterovirus 71 infection. Pediatr Int 2006. 48: 250-6.
198. Wang SM, Lei HY, Huang MC, Su LY, Lin HC, Yu CK, Wang JL, Liu CC. Modulation of cytokine production by intravenous immunoglobulin in patients with enterovirus 71-associated brainstem encephalitis. J Clin Virol 2006. 37: 47-52.
199. Chang LY, Huang LM, Gau SS, Wu YY, Hsia SH, Fan TY, Lin KL, Huang YC, Lu CY, Lin TY. Neurodevelopment and cognition in children after enterovirus 71 infection. N Engl J Med 2007. 356: 1226-34.
200. Chang LY, Lee CY, Kao CL, Fang TY, Lu CY, Lee PI, Huang LM. Hand, foot and mouth disease complicated with central nervous system involvement in Taiwan in 1980-1981. J Formos Med Assoc 2007. 106: 173-6.
201. Chen CS, Yao YC, Lin SC, Lee YP, Wang YF, Wang JR, Liu CC, Lei HY, Yu CK. Retrograde axonal transport: a major transmission route of enterovirus 71 in mice. J Virol 2007. 81: 8996-9003.
202. Chen GW, Huang JH, Lo YL, Tsao KC, Chang SC. Mosaic genome structure of echovirus type 30 that circulated in Taiwan in 2001. Arch Virol 2007. 152: 1807-17.
203. Chen HI, Chang HR, Wu CY, Kao SJ, Wang D, Hsieh NK, Hsu YH. Nitric oxide in the cardiovascular and pulmonary circulation–a brief review of literatures and historical landmarks. Chin J Physiol 2007. 50: 43-50.
204. Chen KT, Chang HL, Wang ST, Cheng YT, Yang JY. Epidemiologic features of hand-foot-mouth disease and herpangina caused by enterovirus 71 in Taiwan, 1998-2005. Pediatrics 2007. 120: e244-52.
205. Chen SC, Chang HL, Yan TR, Cheng YT, Chen KT. An eight-year study of epidemiologic features of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2007. 77: 188-91.
206. Chen TC, Lai YK, Yu CK, Juang JL. Enterovirus 71 triggering of neuronal apoptosis through activation of Abl-Cdk5 signalling. Cell Microbiol 2007. 9: 2676-88.
207. Cheng PW, Chiang LC, Yen MH, Lin CC. Bupleurum kaoi inhibits Coxsackie B virus type 1 infection of CCFS-1 cells by induction of type I interferons expression. Food Chem Toxicol 2007. 45: 24-31.
208. Dixon B. Floods of fever. Lancet Infect Dis 2007. 7: 83.
209. Ghukasyan V, Hsu YY, Kung SH, Kao FJ. Application of fluorescence resonance energy transfer resolved by fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy for the detection of enterovirus 71 infection in cells. J Biomed Opt 2007. 12: 024016.
210. Hsu BM, Chen CH, Kung CM, Wan MT, Shen SM. Evaluation of enterovirus recovery in surface water by different adsorption and elution procedures. Chemosphere 2007. 66: 964-9.
211. Hsu BM, Chen CH, Wan MT. Genetic diversity of epidemic enterovirus 71 strains recovered from clinical and environmental samples in Taiwan. Virus Res 2007. 126: 69-75.
212. Hsu WM, Chao WN, Yang C, Fang CL, Huang KF, Lin YS, Lee TH. Evolution of the free groin flap: the superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator flap. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007. 119: 1491-8.
213. Hsu YY, Liu YN, Wang W, Kao FJ, Kung SH. In vivo dynamics of enterovirus protease revealed by fluorescence resonance emission transfer (FRET) based on a novel FRET pair. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2007. 353: 939-45.
214. Kung CM, King CC, Lee CN, Huang LM, Lee PI, Kao CL. Differences in replication capacity between enterovirus 71 isolates obtained from patients with encephalitis and those obtained from patients with herpangina in Taiwan. J Med Virol 2007. 79: 60-8.
215. Kung SH, Wang SF, Huang CW, Hsu CC, Liu HF, Yang JY. Genetic and antigenic analyses of enterovirus 71 isolates in Taiwan during 1998-2005. Clin Microbiol Infect 2007. 13: 782-7.
216. Li C, Wang H, Shih SR, Chen TC, Li ML. The efficacy of viral capsid inhibitors in human enterovirus infection and associated diseases. CurrMed Chem 2007. 14: 847-56.
217. Liao HT, Chuang DC, Ulusal AE, Schrag C. Surgical strategies for brachial plexus polio-like paralysis. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007. 120: 482-93.
218. Lien KY, Lee WC, Lei HY, Lee GB. Integrated reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction systems for virus detection. Biosens Bioelectron 2007. 22: 1739-48.
219. Lin YC, Juan HC, Cheng YC. Ozone exposure in the culture medium inhibits enterovirus 71 virus replication and modulates cytokine production in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Antiviral Res 2007. 76: 241-51.
220. Liu CC, Lian WC, Butler M, Wu SC. High immunogenic enterovirus 71 strain and its production using serum-free microcarrier Vero cell culture. Vaccine 2007. 25: 19-24.
221. Tang WF, Yang SY, Wu BW, Jheng JR, Chen YL, Shih CH, Lin KH, Lai HC, Tang P, Horng JT. Reticulon 3 binds the 2C protein of enterovirus 71 and is required for viral replication. J Biol Chem 2007. 282: 5888-98.
222. Tseng CH, Knowles NJ, Tsai HJ. Molecular analysis of duck hepatitis virus type 1 indicates that it should be assigned to a new genus. Virus 112 Res 2007. 123: 190-203.
223. Tseng CH, Tsai HJ. Sequence analysis of a duck picornavirus isolate indicates that it together with porcine enterovirus type 8 and simian picornavirus type 2 should be assigned to a new picornavirus genus. Virus Res 2007. 129: 104-14.
224. Tseng CH, Tsai HJ. Molecular characterization of a new serotype of duck hepatitis virus. Virus Res 2007. 126: 19-31.
225. Tseng FC, Huang HC, Chi CY, Lin TL, Liu CC, Jian JW, Hsu LC, Wu HS, Yang JY, Chang YW, Wang HC, Hsu YW, Su IJ, Wang JR, Laboratories CD-TVR, Sentinel Physician N. Epidemiological survey of enterovirus infections occurring in Taiwan between 2000 and 2005: analysis of
sentinel physician surveillance data. J Med Virol 2007. 79: 1850-60.
226. Tung WH, Sun CC, Hsieh HL, Wang SW, Horng JT, Yang CM. EV71 induces VCAM-1 expression via PDGF receptor, PI3-K/Akt, p38 MAPK, JNK and NF-kappaB in vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Signal 2007. 19: 2127-37.
227. Wang IJ, Lee PI, Huang LM, Chen CJ, Chen CL, Lee WT. The correlation between neurological evaluations and neurological outcome in acute encephalitis: a hospital-based study. Eur J Paediatr Neurol 2007. 11: 63-9.
228. Wang SM, Lei HY, Su LY, Wu JM, Yu CK, Wang JR, Liu CC. Cerebrospinal fluid cytokines in enterovirus 71 brain stem encephalitis and echovirus meningitis infections of varying severity. Clin Microbiol Infect 2007. 13: 677-82.
229. Wu BW, Pan TL, Leu YL, Chang YK, Tai PJ, Lin KH, Horng JT. Antiviral effects of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) against enterovirus 71. Am J Chin Med 2007. 35: 153-68.
230. Wu TC, Wang YF, Lee YP, Wang JR, Liu CC, Wang SM, Lei HY, Su IJ, Yu CK. Immunity to avirulent enterovirus 71 and coxsackie A16 virus protects against enterovirus 71 infection in mice. J Virol 2007. 81: 10310-5.
231. Yen MH, Tsao KC, Huang YC, Huang CG, Huang YL, Lin R, Chang ML, Huang CC, Yan DC, Lin TY. Viral load in blood is correlated with disease severity of neonatal coxsackievirus B3 infection: early diagnosis and predicting disease severity is possible in severe neonatal
enterovirus infection. Clin Infect Dis 2007. 44: e78-81.
232. Zhu RN, Qian Y, Deng J, Xing JF, Zhao LQ, Wang F, Liao B, Ren XX, Li Y, Zhang Q, Li J. [Study on the association of hand, foot and mouth disease and enterovirus 71/CA16 among children in Beijing, 2007]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2007. 28: 1004-8.
233. Chang JS, Wang KC, Chiang LC. Sheng-Ma-Ge-Gen-Tang inhibited Enterovirus 71 infection in human foreskin fibroblast cell line. J Ethnopharmacol 2008. 119: 104-8.
234. Chang LY. Enterovirus 71 in Taiwan. Pediatr Neonatol 2008. 49: 103-12.
235. Chang LY, Chang IS, Chen WJ, Huang YC, Chen GW, Shih SR, Juang JL, Shih HM, Hsiung CA, Lin TY, Huang LM. HLA-A33 is associated with susceptibility to enterovirus 71 infection. Pediatrics 2008. 122: 1271-6.
236. Chen CH, Hsu BM, Wan MT. Molecular detection and prevalence of enterovirus within environmental water in Taiwan. J Appl Microbiol 2008. 104: 817-23.
237. Chen HL, Huang JY, Chu TW, Tsai TC, Hung CM, Lin CC, Liu FC, Wang LC, Chen YJ, Lin MF, Chen CM. Expression of VP1 protein in the milk of transgenic mice: a potential oral vaccine protects against enterovirus 71 infection. Vaccine 2008. 26: 2882-9.
238. Chen HL, Wang LC, Chang CH, Yen CC, Cheng WT, Wu SC, Hung CM, Kuo MF, Chen CM. Recombinant porcine lactoferrin expressed in the milk of transgenic mice protects neonatal mice from a lethal challenge with enterovirus type 71. Vaccine 2008. 26: 891-8.
239. Chen TC, Liu SC, Huang PN, Chang HY, Chern JH, Shih SR. Antiviral activity of pyridyl imidazolidinones against enterovirus 71 variants. J Biomed Sci 2008. 15: 291-300.
240. Chen TC, Weng KF, Chang SC, Lin JY, Huang PN, Shih SR. Development of antiviral agents for enteroviruses. J Antimicrob Chemother 2008. 62: 1169-73.
241. Chen YJ, Zeng SJ, Hsu JT, Horng JT, Yang HM, Shih SR, Chu YT, Wu TY. Amantadine as a regulator of internal ribosome entry site. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2008. 29: 1327-33.
242. Cheng MF, Chen BC, Huang TS, Hsieh KS, Chen SN, Liu YC. Clinical application of reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction and intravenous immunoglobulin for enterovirus encephalitis. Jpn J Infect Dis 2008. 61: 18-24.
243. Chung YC, Ho MS, Wu JC, Chen WJ, Huang JH, Chou ST, Hu YC. Immunization with virus-like particles of enterovirus 71 elicits potent immune responses and protects mice against lethal challenge. Vaccine 2008. 26: 1855-62.
244. Gau SS, Chang LY, Huang LM, Fan TY, Wu YY, Lin TY. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity-related symptoms among children with enterovirus 71 infection of the central nervous system. Pediatrics 2008. 122: e452-8.
245. Ho HY, Cheng ML, Weng SF, Chang L, Yeh TT, Shih SR, Chiu DT. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency enhances enterovirus 71 infection. J Gen Virol 2008. 89: 2080-9.
246. Hsu BM, Chen CH, Wan MT. Prevalence of enteroviruses in hot spring recreation areas of Taiwan. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 2008. 52:253-9.
247. Huang KY, Zhang X, Chung PH, Tsao KC, Lin TY, Su LH, Chiu CH. Enterovirus 71 in Taiwan, 2004-2006: epidemiological and virological features. Scand J Infect Dis 2008. 40: 571-4.
248. Huang SC, Hsu YW, Wang HC, Huang SW, Kiang D, Tsai HP, Wang SM, Liu CC, Lin KH, Su IJ, Wang JR. Appearance of intratypic recombination of enterovirus 71 in Taiwan from 2002 to 2005. Virus Res 2008. 131: 250-9.113
249. Huang YP, Lin TL, Kuo CY, Lin MW, Yao CY, Liao HW, Hsu LC, Yang CF, Yang JY, Chen PJ, Wu HS. The circulation of subgenogroups B5 and C5 of enterovirus 71 in Taiwan from 2006 to 2007. Virus Res 2008. 137: 206-12.
250. Ji WT, Liu HJ. PI3K-Akt signaling and viral infection. Recent Pat Biotechnol 2008. 2: 218-26.
251. Kuo CJ, Shie JJ, Fang JM, Yen GR, Hsu JT, Liu HG, Tseng SN, Chang SC, Lee CY, Shih SR, Liang PH. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of 3C protease inhibitors as anti-enterovirus 71 agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2008. 16: 7388-98.
252. Lee G, Lee C. Molecular detection and characterization of human enteroviruses in Korean surface water. J Microbiol 2008. 46: 319-24.
253. Lee JC, Lin JJ, Lin KL, Hsia SH, Wu CT, Wong AM. Hemorrhagic stroke associated with pulmonary edema and catastrophic cardiac failure. Pediatr Neonatol 2008. 49: 97-100.
254. Lee JC, Shih SR, Chang TY, Tseng HY, Shih YF, Yen KJ, Chen WC, Shie JJ, Fang JM, Liang PH, Chao YS, Hsu JT. A mammalian cell-based reverse two-hybrid system for functional analysis of 3C viral protease of human enterovirus 71. Anal Biochem 2008. 375: 115-23.
255. Lee WC, Lien KY, Lee GB, Lei HY. An integrated microfluidic system using magnetic beads for virus detection. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2008.60: 51-8.
256. Li ZH, Li CM, Ling P, Shen FH, Chen SH, Liu CC, Yu CK, Chen SH. Ribavirin reduces mortality in enterovirus 71-infected mice by decreasing viral replication. J Infect Dis 2008. 197: 854-7.
257. Lin CW, Wu CF, Hsiao NW, Chang CY, Li SW, Wan L, Lin YJ, Lin WY. Aloe-emodin is an interferon-inducing agent with antiviral activity against Japanese encephalitis virus and enterovirus 71. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2008. 32: 355-9.
258. Lin JY, Li ML, Huang PN, Chien KY, Horng JT, Shih SR. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonuclear protein K interacts with the enterovirus 71 5′ untranslated region and participates in virus replication. J Gen Virol 2008. 89: 2540-9.
259. Lin MC, Chan YJ, Chen CJ, Tang RB, Wu KG. Epidemiology and diagnostic methodology for enterovirus infection, including cerebrospinal fluid analysis: a 5-year review. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2008. 41: 450-5.
260. Lin TL, Li YS, Huang CW, Hsu CC, Wu HS, Tseng TC, Yang CF. Rapid and highly sensitive coxsackievirus a indirect immunofluorescence assay typing kit for enterovirus serotyping. J Clin Microbiol 2008. 46: 785-8.
261. Shih SR, Weng KF, Stollar V, Li ML. Viral protein synthesis is required for Enterovirus 71 to induce apoptosis in human glioblastoma cells. J Neurovirol 2008. 14: 53-61.
262. Su FM, Chang JS, Wang KC, Tsai JJ, Chiang LC. A water extract of Pueraria lobata inhibited cytotoxicity of enterovirus 71 in a human foreskin fibroblast cell line. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2008. 24: 523-30.
263. Tsou YA, Cheng YK, Chung HK, Yeh YC, Lin CD, Tsai MH, Chang JS. Upper aerodigestive tract sequelae in severe enterovirus 71 infection: predictors and outcome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2008. 72: 41-7.
264. Wang L, Pan M, Fu Y, Zhang D. Classification of duck hepatitis virus into three genotypes based on molecular evolutionary analysis. Virus Genes 2008. 37: 52-9.
265. Wang SM, Ho TS, Shen CF, Liu CC. Enterovirus 71, one virus and many stories. Pediatr Neonatol 2008. 49: 113-5.
266. Wang SM, Lei HY, Yu CK, Wang JR, Su IJ, Liu CC. Acute chemokine response in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid of children with enterovirus 71-associated brainstem encephalitis. J Infect Dis 2008. 198: 1002-6.
267. Wu TS, Shih FY, Yen MY, Wu JS, Lu SW, Chang KC, Hsiung C, Chou JH, Chu YT, Chang H, Chiu CH, Tsui FC, Wagner MM, Su IJ, King CC. Establishing a nationwide emergency department-based syndromic surveillance system for better public health responses in Taiwan. BMC
Public Health 2008. 8: 18.
268. Chen BC, Cheng MF, Huang TS, Liu YC, Tang CW, Chen CS, Chen YS. Detection and identification of human parechoviruses from clinical specimens. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2009. 65: 254-60.
269. Chen LC, Shyu HW, Lin HM, Lei HY, Lin YS, Liu HS, Yeh TM. Dengue virus induces thrombomodulin expression in human endothelial cells and monocytes in vitro. J Infect 2009. 58: 368-74.
270. Chen TC, Chang HY, Lin PF, Chern JH, Hsu JT, Chang CY, Shih SR. Novel antiviral agent DTriP-22 targets RNA-dependent RNA polymerase of enterovirus 71. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2009. 53: 2740-7.
271. Chi CY, Tseng FC, Liu DP, Chang YW, Wu HC, Huang YF, Hwang KP, Hsu YW, Wang SM, Liu CC, Wu HS, Yang JY, Yang CF, Wang JR, Su IJ. Investigations of clinical isolations of oral poliovirus vaccine strains between 2000 and 2005 in southern Taiwan. J Clin Virol 2009. 45: 129-34.
272. Chiou WT. Legal immunity? Wrong diagnosis, wrong prescription: another lesson from enterovirus vaccines. J Formos Med Assoc 2009. 108:177-9.
273. Chu PY, Ke GM, Chang CH, Lin JC, Sun CY, Huang WL, Tsai YC, Ke LY, Lin KH. Molecular epidemiology of coxsackie A type 24 variant in Taiwan, 2000-2007. J Clin Virol 2009. 45: 285-91.
274. Chu PY, Tsai YL, Chen HL, Ke GM, Hsu CY, Chen YT, Wang CF, Su HJ, Chou LC, Hsu LC, Lin KH. Coxsackievirus B4 in southern Taiwan: molecular epidemiology. J Clin Virol 2009. 45: 16-22.
275. Ho HY, Cheng ML, Weng SF, Leu YL, Chiu DT. Antiviral effect of epigallocatechin gallate on enterovirus 71. J Agric Food Chem 2009. 57: 6140-7.
276. Hsu YY, Liu YN, Lu WW, Kung SH. Visualizing and quantifying the differential cleavages of the eukaryotic translation initiation factors eIF4GI 114 and eIF4GII in the enterovirus-infected cell. Biotechnol Bioeng 2009. 104: 1142-52.
277. Huang SC, Chang CL, Wang PS, Tsai Y, Liu HS. Enterovirus 71-induced autophagy detected in vitro and in vivo promotes viral replication. J Med Virol 2009. 81: 1241-52.
278. Huang SW, Hsu YW, Smith DJ, Kiang D, Tsai HP, Lin KH, Wang SM, Liu CC, Su IJ, Wang JR. Reemergence of enterovirus 71 in 2008 in taiwan: dynamics of genetic and antigenic evolution from 1998 to 2008. J Clin Microbiol 2009. 47: 3653-62.
279. Kuo KK, Chang JS, Wang KC, Chiang LC. Water extract of Glycyrrhiza uralensis inhibited enterovirus 71 in a human foreskin fibroblast cell line. Am J Chin Med 2009. 37: 383-94.
280. Lee TC, Guo HR, Su HJ, Yang YC, Chang HL, Chen KT. Diseases caused by enterovirus 71 infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2009. 28: 904-10.
281. Lin JY, Chen TC, Weng KF, Chang SC, Chen LL, Shih SR. Viral and host proteins involved in picornavirus life cycle. J Biomed Sci 2009. 16:103.
282. Lin JY, Li ML, Shih SR. Far upstream element binding protein 2 interacts with enterovirus 71 internal ribosomal entry site and negatively regulates viral translation. Nucleic Acids Res 2009. 37: 47-59.
283. Lin JY, Shih SR, Pan M, Li C, Lue CF, Stollar V, Li ML. hnRNP A1 interacts with the 5′ untranslated regions of enterovirus 71 and Sindbis virus RNA and is required for viral replication. J Virol 2009. 83: 6106-14.
284. Lin TY, Liu YC, Jheng JR, Tsai HP, Jan JT, Wong WR, Horng JT. Anti-enterovirus 71 activity screening of chinese herbs with anti-infection and inflammation activities. Am J Chin Med 2009. 37: 143-58.
285. Lin YW, Chang KC, Kao CM, Chang SP, Tung YY, Chen SH. Lymphocyte and antibody responses reduce enterovirus 71 lethality in mice by decreasing tissue viral loads. J Virol 2009. 83: 6477-83.
286. Lin YW, Wang SW, Tung YY, Chen SH. Enterovirus 71 infection of human dendritic cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2009. 234: 1166-73.
287. Luo ST, Chiang PS, Chao AS, Liou GY, Lin R, Lin TY, Lee MS. Enterovirus 71 maternal antibodies in infants, Taiwan. Emerg Infect Dis 2009. 15:581-4.
288. Qi B, Zhao JJ, Gao L, Zhu P. [Analysis on the preference of synonymous codon in VP1 nucleotide sequence of the EV71 based on RSCU method]. Bing Du Xue Bao 2009. 25: 467-75.
289. Tsai MT, Cheng YH, Liu YN, Liao NC, Lu WW, Kung SH. Real-time monitoring of human enterovirus (HEV)-infected cells and anti-HEV 3C protease potency by fluorescence resonance energy transfer. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2009. 53: 748-55.
290. Wang SM, Liu CC. Enterovirus 71: epidemiology, pathogenesis and management. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2009. 7: 735-42.
291. Weng KF, Li ML, Hung CT, Shih SR. Enterovirus 71 3C protease cleaves a novel target CstF-64 and inhibits cellular polyadenylation. PLoS Pathog 2009. 5: e1000593.
292. Wu CT, Huang JL. Pericarditis with massive pericardial effusion in a cytomegalovirus-infected infant. Acta Cardiol 2009. 64: 669-71.
293. Yamayoshi S, Yamashita Y, Li J, Hanagata N, Minowa T, Takemura T, Koike S. Scavenger receptor B2 is a cellular receptor for enterovirus 71. Nat Med 2009. 15: 798-801.
294. Yang B, Chuang H, Yang KD. Sialylated glycans as receptor and inhibitor of enterovirus 71 infection to DLD-1 intestinal cells. Virol J 2009. 6:141.
295. Yen FB, Chang LY, Kao CL, Lee PI, Chen CM, Lee CY, Shao PL, Wang SC, Lu CY, Huang LM. Coxsackieviruses infection in northern Taiwan–epidemiology and clinical characteristics. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2009. 42: 38-46.
296. Chen SP, Huang YC, Li WC, Chiu CH, Huang CG, Tsao KC, Lin TY. Comparison of clinical features between coxsackievirus A2 and enterovirus 71 during the enterovirus outbreak in Taiwan, 2008: a children’s hospital experience. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2010. 43: 99-104.
297. Chen YH, Lin HC, Lin HC. Increased risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes among women affected by herpangina. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010. 203: 49 e1-7.
298. Chu PY, Ke GM, Chen YS, Lu PL, Chen HL, Lee MS, Chen BC, Huang TS, Li YC, Chou LC, Wang SY, Lin KH. Molecular epidemiology of Coxsackievirus B3. Infect Genet Evol 2010. 10: 777-84.
299. Chung CY, Chen CY, Lin SY, Chung YC, Chiu HY, Chi WK, Lin YL, Chiang BL, Chen WJ, Hu YC. Enterovirus 71 virus-like particle vaccine: improved production conditions for enhanced yield. Vaccine 2010. 28: 6951-7.
300. Huang FL, Chen CH, Huang SK, Chen PY. An outbreak of enterovirus 71 in a nursery. Scand J Infect Dis 2010. 42: 609-12.
301. Huang ML, Chiang PS, Luo ST, Liou GY, Lee MS. Development of a high-throughput assay for measuring serum neutralizing antibody against
enterovirus 71. J Virol Methods 2010. 165: 42-5.
302. Huang MY, Gupta-Malhotra M, Huang JJ, Syu FK, Huang TY. Acute-phase reactants and a supplemental diagnostic aid for Kawasaki disease.
Pediatr Cardiol 2010. 31: 1209-13.
303. Huang SC, Raghavaraju G, Liu HS. High expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in EV71-infected patients does not originate from
EV71-infected cells. Intervirology 2010. 53: 394-401.
304. Huang WT, Lee PI, Chang LY, Kao CL, Huang LM, Lu CY, Chen JM, Lee CY. Epidemic pleurodynia caused by coxsackievirus B3 at a medical
center in northern Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2010. 43: 515-8.
305. Huang YP, Lin TL, Hsu LC, Chen YJ, Tseng YH, Hsu CC, Fan WB, Yang JY, Chang FY, Wu HS. Genetic diversity and C2-like subgenogroup 115
strains of enterovirus 71, Taiwan, 2008. Virol J 2010. 7: 277.
306. Hung HC, Chen TC, Fang MY, Yen KJ, Shih SR, Hsu JT, Tseng CP. Inhibition of enterovirus 71 replication and the viral 3D polymerase by
aurintricarboxylic acid. J Antimicrob Chemother 2010. 65: 676-83.
307. Jan SL, Lin SJ, Fu YC, Chi CS, Wang CC, Wei HJ, Chang Y, Hwang B, Chen PY, Huang FL, Lin MC. Extracorporeal life support for treatment of
children with enterovirus 71 infection-related cardiopulmonary failure. Intensive Care Med 2010. 36: 520-7.
308. Jheng JR, Lau KS, Tang WF, Wu MS, Horng JT. Endoplasmic reticulum stress is induced and modulated by enterovirus 71. Cell Microbiol
2010. 12: 796-813.
309. Koroleva GA, Lukashev AN, Khudiakova LV, Mustafina AN, Lashkevich VA. [Encephalomyelitis caused by enterovirus type 71 in children]. Vopr
Virusol 2010. 55: 4-10.
310. Kung YH, Huang SW, Kuo PH, Kiang D, Ho MS, Liu CC, Yu CK, Su IJ, Wang JR. Introduction of a strong temperature-sensitive phenotype into
enterovirus 71 by altering an amino acid of virus 3D polymerase. Virology 2010. 396: 1-9.
311. Kuo PC, Lin JY, Chen LC, Fang YT, Cheng YC, Wu HY, Tsai CY, Chen YS, Lin SY, Wu CL, Ling QD. Molecular and immunocytochemical
identification of coxsackievirus A-24 variant from the acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis outbreak in Taiwan in 2007. Eye (Lond) 2010. 24: 131-6.
312. Lee HY, Chen CJ, Huang YC, Li WC, Chiu CH, Huang CG, Tsao KC, Wu CT, Lin TY. Clinical features of echovirus 6 and 9 infections in children.
J Clin Virol 2010. 49: 175-9.
313. Lee MS, Chang LY. Development of enterovirus 71 vaccines. Expert Rev Vaccines 2010. 9: 149-56.
314. Lee MS, Lin TY, Chiang PS, Li WC, Luo ST, Tsao KC, Liou GY, Huang ML, Hsia SH, Huang YC, Chang SC. An investigation of epidemic enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan, 2008: clinical, virologic, and serologic features. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2010. 29: 1030-4.
315. Liao HF, Lu MC, Chang HC, Wei CC, Kao CH, Chen ZH, Huang CC, Li C. Effects of herbal medicinal formulas on suppressing viral replication
and modulating immune responses. Am J Chin Med 2010. 38: 173-90.
316. Liaw JJ, Yang L, Ti Y, Blackburn ST, Chang YC, Sun LW. Non-nutritive sucking relieves pain for preterm infants during heel stick procedures in
Taiwan. J Clin Nurs 2010. 19: 2741-51.
317. Lin YC, Lin KH, Ke GM, Lee MS, Lin PC, Liu HF, Hsu LC, Lu PL. Secular trend of genome types of respiratory adenovirus type 3 during 1983-
2005: a study from Taiwan. Arch Virol 2010. 155: 287-92.
318. Liou JF, Chang CW, Tailiu JJ, Yu CK, Lei HY, Chen LR, Tai C. Passive protection effect of chicken egg yolk immunoglobulins on enterovirus 71
infected mice. Vaccine 2010. 28: 8189-96.
319. Lo CW, Wu KG, Lin MC, Chen CJ, Ho DM, Tang RB, Chan YJ. Application of a molecular method for the classification of human enteroviruses
and its correlation with clinical manifestations. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2010. 43: 354-9.
320. Ramajayam R, Tan KP, Liu HG, Liang PH. Synthesis and evaluation of pyrazolone compounds as SARS-coronavirus 3C-like protease
inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem 2010. 18: 7849-54.
321. Tsao KC, Huang CG, Huang YL, Chen FC, Huang PN, Huang YC, Lin TY, Shih SR, Chang SC. Epidemiologic features and virus isolation of
enteroviruses in Northern Taiwan during 2000-2008. J Virol Methods 2010. 165: 330-2.
322. Tseng CC, Chang LY, Li CS. Detection of airborne viruses in a pediatrics department measured using real-time qPCR coupled to an air-sampling filter method. J Environ Health 2010. 73: 22-8.
323. Tung WH, Hsieh HL, Yang CM. Enterovirus 71 induces COX-2 expression via MAPKs, NF-kappaB, and AP-1 in SK-N-SH cells: Role of PGE(2)
in viral replication. Cell Signal 2010. 22: 234-46.
324. Tung WH, Lee IT, Hsieh HL, Yang CM. EV71 induces COX-2 expression via c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/AP-1 and NF-kappaB in rat
brain astrocytes. J Cell Physiol 2010. 224: 376-86.
325. Wang HY, Tsao KC, Hsieh CH, Huang LM, Lin TY, Chen GW, Shih SR, Chang LY. Inferring nonneutral evolution from contrasting patterns of
polymorphisms and divergences in different protein coding regions of enterovirus 71 circulating in Taiwan during 1998-2003. BMC Evol Biol
2010. 10: 294.
326. Wang SM, Chen IC, Su LY, Huang KJ, Lei HY, Liu CC. Enterovirus 71 infection of monocytes with antibody-dependent enhancement. Clin
Vaccine Immunol 2010. 17: 1517-23.
327. Wang YC, Cheng HB, Chen HH, Liu CM, Chou CH, Sung FC. Circulating viruses associated with severe complicated enterovirus infection in
Taiwan: a multi-year analysis. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2010. 29: 334-9.
328. Weng KF, Chen LL, Huang PN, Shih SR. Neural pathogenesis of enterovirus 71 infection. Microbes Infect 2010. 12: 505-10.
329. Wong TW, Huang HJ, Wang YF, Lee YP, Huang CC, Yu CK. Methylene blue-mediated photodynamic inactivation as a novel disinfectant of
enterovirus 71. J Antimicrob Chemother 2010. 65: 2176-82.
330. Wu PC, Huang LM, Kao CL, Fan TY, Cheng AL, Chang LY. An outbreak of coxsackievirus A16 infection: comparison with other enteroviruses in
a preschool in Taipei. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2010. 43: 271-7.
331. Yang CH, Li HC, Jiang JG, Hsu CF, Wang YJ, Lai MJ, Juang YL, Lo SY. Enterovirus type 71 2A protease functions as a transcriptional activator
in yeast. J Biomed Sci 2010. 17: 65.116
332. Yang SC, Fee CY, Su CF, Lee HC, Yin TY, Chang YH, Chen CY, Wang JL. Knowledge about and attitude toward enterovirus 71 infections: a
survey of parents and teachers at kindergartens in Taiwan. Am J Infect Control 2010. 38: e21-4.
333. Zhu SL, Yan DM, Zhu H. [Evaluation on running status of Chinese Polio Laboratories Network in 2008]. Zhongguo Yi Miao He Mian Yi 2010.
334. Chang HW, Liu CC, Lin MH, Ho HM, Yang YT, Chow YH, Chong P, Sia C. Generation of murine monoclonal antibodies which cross-neutralize
human enterovirus genogroup B isolates. J Virol Methods 2011. 173: 189-95.
335. Chen CW, Lee YP, Wang YF, Yu CK. Formaldehyde-inactivated human enterovirus 71 vaccine is compatible for co-immunization with a
commercial pentavalent vaccine. Vaccine 2011. 29: 2772-6.
336. Chen SC, Chang LY, Wang YW, Chen YC, Weng KF, Shih SR, Shih HM. Sumoylation-promoted enterovirus 71 3C degradation correlates with a
reduction in viral replication and cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem 2011. 286: 31373-84.
337. Chen TC, Shih SR. Drug discovery in enteroviral infections. Infect Disord Drug Targets 2011. 11: 337-45.
338. Chu PY, Lu PL, Tsai YL, Hsi E, Yao CY, Chen YH, Hsu LC, Wang SY, Wu HS, Lin YY, Su HJ, Lin KH. Spatiotemporal phylogenetic analysis and
molecular characterization of coxsackievirus A4. Infect Genet Evol 2011. 11: 1426-35.
339. Ho BC, Yu SL, Chen JJ, Chang SY, Yan BS, Hong QS, Singh S, Kao CL, Chen HY, Su KY, Li KC, Cheng CL, Cheng HW, Lee JY, Lee CN, Yang PC. Enterovirus-induced miR-141 contributes to shutoff of host protein translation by targeting the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Cell Host Microbe 2011. 9: 58-69.
340. Hsieh TH, Chen PY, Huang FL, Wang JD, Wang LC, Lin HK, Lin HC, Hsieh HY, Yu MK, Chang CF, Chuang TY, Lee CY. Are empiric antibiotics
for acute exudative tonsillitis needed in children? J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2011. 44: 328-32.
341. Hsu CH, Lu CY, Shao PL, Lee PI, Kao CL, Chung MY, Chang LY, Huang LM. Epidemiologic and clinical features of non-polio enteroviral infections in northern Taiwan in 2008. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2011. 44: 265-73.
342. Hu YF, Yang F, Du J, Dong J, Zhang T, Wu ZQ, Xue Y, Jin Q. Complete genome analysis of coxsackievirus A2, A4, A5, and A10 strains isolated
from hand, foot, and mouth disease patients in China revealing frequent recombination of human enterovirus A. J Clin Microbiol 2011. 49:2426-34.
343. Huang ML, Ho MS, Lee MS. Enterovirus 71 vaccine: when will it be available? J Formos Med Assoc 2011. 110: 425-7.
344. Huang PN, Lin JY, Locker N, Kung YA, Hung CT, Lin JY, Huang HI, Li ML, Shih SR. Far upstream element binding protein 1 binds the internal
ribosomal entry site of enterovirus 71 and enhances viral translation and viral growth. Nucleic Acids Res 2011. 39: 9633-48.
345. Huang SW, Kiang D, Smith DJ, Wang JR. Evolution of re-emergent virus and its impact on enterovirus 71 epidemics. Exp Biol Med (Maywood)
2011. 236: 899-908.
346. Huang SW, Lee YP, Hung YT, Lin CH, Chuang JI, Lei HY, Su IJ, Yu CK. Exogenous interleukin-6, interleukin-13, and interferon-gamma provoke
pulmonary abnormality with mild edema in enterovirus 71-infected mice. Respir Res 2011. 12: 147.
347. Hung CL, Lin CY, Chang SC, Chung YC, Hsieh SJ, Tang CY, Lin YL. Multiple genome sequences alignment algorithm based on coding regions.
Int J Comput Biol Drug Des 2011. 4: 165-78.
348. Hung HC, Wang HC, Shih SR, Teng IF, Tseng CP, Hsu JT. Synergistic inhibition of enterovirus 71 replication by interferon and rupintrivir. J Infect Dis 2011. 203: 1784-90.
349. Ke GM, Lin KH, Lu PL, Tung YC, Wang CF, Ke LY, Lee MS, Lin PC, Su HJ, Lin YY, Huang TP, Wang JR, Wang SY, Hsu LC, Chu PY. Molecular
epidemiology of Echovirus 30 in Taiwan, 1988-2008. Virus Genes 2011. 42: 178-88.
350. Lan YC, Lin TH, Tsai JD, Yang YC, Peng CT, Shih MC, Lin YJ, Lin CW. Molecular epidemiology of the 2005 enterovirus 71 outbreak in central
Taiwan. Scand J Infect Dis 2011. 43: 354-9.
351. Lee MH, Huang LM, Wong WW, Wu TZ, Chiu TF, Chang LY. Molecular diagnosis and clinical presentations of enteroviral infections in Taipei
during the 2008 epidemic. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2011. 44: 178-83.
352. Liu CC, Chang HW, Yang G, Chiang JR, Chow YH, Sai IH, Chang JY, Lin SC, Sia C, Hsiao CH, Chou AH, Chong P. Development of a quantitative enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for monitoring the Enterovirus 71 vaccine manufacturing process. J Virol Methods 2011.176: 60-8.
353. Liu CC, Chou AH, Lien SP, Lin HY, Liu SJ, Chang JY, Guo MS, Chow YH, Yang WS, Chang KH, Sia C, Chong P. Identification and characterization of a cross-neutralization epitope of Enterovirus 71. Vaccine 2011. 29: 4362-72.
354. Liu CC, Guo MS, Lin FH, Hsiao KN, Chang KH, Chou AH, Wang YC, Chen YC, Yang CS, Chong PC. Purification and characterization of enterovirus 71 viral particles produced from vero cells grown in a serum-free microcarrier bioreactor system. PLoS One 2011. 6: e20005.
355. Lo SH, Huang YC, Huang CG, Tsao KC, Li WC, Hsieh YC, Chiu CH, Lin TY. Clinical and epidemiologic features of Coxsackievirus A6 infection in children in northern Taiwan between 2004 and 2009. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2011. 44: 252-7.
356. Ramajayam R, Tan KP, Liang PH. Recent development of 3C and 3CL protease inhibitors for anti-coronavirus and anti-picornavirus drug
discovery. Biochem Soc Trans 2011. 39: 1371-5.
357. Shih SR, Stollar V, Li ML. Host factors in enterovirus 71 replication. J Virol 2011. 85: 9658-66.
358. Sung CC, Chi H, Chiu NC, Huang DT, Weng LC, Wang NY, Huang FY. Viral etiology of acute lower respiratory tract infections in hospitalized 117
young children in Northern Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2011. 44: 184-90.
359. Tsai FJ, Lin CW, Lai CC, Lan YC, Lai CH, Hung CH, Hsueh KC, Lin TH, Chang HC, Wan L, Sheu JJ, Lin YJ. Kaempferol inhibits enterovirus 71
replication and internal ribosome entry site (IRES) activity through FUBP and HNRP proteins. Food Chem 2011. 128: 312-22.
360. Tsai HP, Huang SW, Wu FL, Kuo PH, Wang SM, Liu CC, Su IJ, Wang JR. An echovirus 18-associated outbreak of aseptic meningitis in Taiwan:
epidemiology and diagnostic and genetic aspects. J Med Microbiol 2011. 60: 1360-5.
361. Tung WH, Hsieh HL, Lee IT, Yang CM. Enterovirus 71 induces integrin beta1/EGFR-Rac1-dependent oxidative stress in SK-N-SH cells: role of
HO-1/CO in viral replication. J Cell Physiol 2011. 226: 3316-29.
362. Tung WH, Hsieh HL, Lee IT, Yang CM. Enterovirus 71 modulates a COX-2/PGE2/cAMP-dependent viral replication in human neuroblastoma cells: role of the c-Src/EGFR/p42/p44 MAPK/CREB signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 2011. 112: 559-70.
363. Wang M, Zhang J, Zhou JH, Chen HT, Ma LN, Ding YZ, Liu WQ, Gu YX, Zhao F, Liu YS. Analysis of codon usage in type 1 and the new genotypes of duck hepatitis virus. Biosystems 2011. 106: 45-50.
364. Wang SM, Ho TS, Shen CF, Wang JR, Liu CC. Echovirus 18 meningitis in southern Taiwan. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2011. 30: 259-60.
365. Wang YC, Yi TY, Lin KH. In vitro activity of Paris polyphylla smith against enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus B3 and its immune modulation.
Am J Chin Med 2011. 39: 1219-34.
366. Wei SH, Huang YP, Liu MC, Tsou TP, Lin HC, Lin TL, Tsai CY, Chao YN, Chang LY, Hsu CM. An outbreak of coxsackievirus A6 hand, foot, and
mouth disease associated with onychomadesis in Taiwan, 2010. BMC Infect Dis 2011. 11: 346.
367. Wu MS, Yen HR, Chang CW, Peng TY, Hsieh CF, Chen CJ, Lin TY, Horng JT. Mechanism of action of the suppression of influenza virus replication by Ko-Ken Tang through inhibition of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway and viral RNP nuclear export. J Ethnopharmacol 2011. 134: 614-23.
368. Yang SL, Chou YT, Wu CN, Ho MS. Annexin II binds to capsid protein VP1 of enterovirus 71 and enhances viral infectivity. J Virol 2011. 85:
369. Yeh MT, Wang SW, Yu CK, Lin KH, Lei HY, Su IJ, Wang JR. A single nucleotide in stem loop II of 5′-untranslated region contributes to virulence
of enterovirus 71 in mice. PLoS One 2011. 6: e27082.
370. Yen MH, Chiu CH, Huang YC, Lin TY. Effects of lactoferrin-containing formula in the prevention of enterovirus and rotavirus infection and
impact on serum cytokine levels: a randomized trial. Chang Gung Med J 2011. 34: 395-402.
371. Chang CW, Leu YL, Horng JT. Daphne Genkwa sieb. Et zucc. Water-soluble extracts act on enterovirus 71 by inhibiting viral entry. Viruses
2012. 4: 539-56.
372. Chang HL, Chio CP, Su HJ, Liao CM, Lin CY, Shau WY, Chi YC, Cheng YT, Chou YL, Li CY, Chen KL, Chen KT. The association between enterovirus 71 infections and meteorological parameters in Taiwan. PLoS One 2012. 7: e46845.
373. Chang JY, Chang CP, Tsai HH, Lee CD, Lian WC, Ih Jen S, Sai IH, Liu CC, Chou AH, Lu YJ, Chen CY, Lee PH, Chiang JR, Chong PC. Selection and characterization of vaccine strain for Enterovirus 71 vaccine development. Vaccine 2012. 30: 703-11.
374. Chang SC, Li WC, Chen GW, Tsao KC, Huang CG, Huang YC, Chiu CH, Kuo CY, Tsai KN, Shih SR, Lin TY. Genetic characterization of enterovirus 71 isolated from patients with severe disease by comparative analysis of complete genomes. J Med Virol 2012. 84: 931-9.
375. Chen MJ, Lin CY, Wu YT, Wu PC, Lung SC, Su HJ. Effects of extreme precipitation to the distribution of infectious diseases in Taiwan, 1994-
2008. PLoS One 2012. 7: e34651.
376. Chen YJ, Chang SC, Tsao KC, Shih SR, Yang SL, Lin TY, Huang YC. Comparative genomic analysis of coxsackievirus A6 strains of different
clinical disease entities. PLoS One 2012. 7: e52432.
377. Chiang PS, Huang ML, Luo ST, Lin TY, Tsao KC, Lee MS. Comparing molecular methods for early detection and serotyping of enteroviruses in
throat swabs of pediatric patients. PLoS One 2012. 7: e48269.
378. Chiu YH, Chan YL, Tsai LW, Li TL, Wu CJ. Prevention of human enterovirus 71 infection by kappa carrageenan. Antiviral Res 2012. 95: 128-34.
379. Chong P, Guo MS, Lin FH, Hsiao KN, Weng SY, Chou AH, Wang JR, Hsieh SY, Su IJ, Liu CC. Immunological and biochemical characterization of coxsackie virus A16 viral particles. PLoS One 2012. 7: e49973.
380. Chong P, Hsieh SY, Liu CC, Chou AH, Chang JY, Wu SC, Liu SJ, Chow YH, Su IJ, Klein M. Production of EV71 vaccine candidates. Hum Vaccin Immunother 2012. 8: 1775-83.
381. Chou AH, Liu CC, Chang CP, Guo MS, Hsieh SY, Yang WH, Chao HJ, Wu CL, Huang JL, Lee MS, Hu AY, Lin SC, Huang YY, Hu MH, Chow YH, Chiang JR, Chang JY, Chong P. Pilot scale production of highly efficacious and stable enterovirus 71 vaccine candidates. PLoS One 2012. 7:e34834.
382. Chou AH, Liu CC, Chang JY, Lien SP, Guo MS, Tasi HP, Hsiao KN, Liu SJ, Sia C, Wu SC, Lee MS, Hsiao CH, Wang JR, Chow YH, Chong P. Immunological evaluation and comparison of different EV71 vaccine candidates. Clin Dev Immunol 2012. 2012: 831282.
383. Fonseca MC, Sarmiento L, Resik S, Pereda N, Rodriguez H, Kouri V, Martinez PA, Pinon A, Limonta D, Mas P, Hung LH. Isolation of Coxsackievirus A24 variant from patients with hemorrhagic conjunctivitis in Cuba, 2008-2009. J Clin Virol 2012. 53: 77-81.
384. Hong GS, Chen CP, Lin MH, Kruger J, Becker CF, Fink RH, Fischer WB. Molecular dynamics simulations and conductance studies of the interaction of VP1 N-terminus from Polio virus and gp41 fusion peptide from HIV-1 with lipid membranes. Mol Membr Biol 2012. 29: 9-25.118
385. Hsieh CF, Yen HR, Liu CH, Lin S, Horng JT. Ching-fang-pai-tu-san inhibits the release of influenza virus. J Ethnopharmacol 2012. 144: 533-44.
386. Hsu JT, Yeh JY, Lin TJ, Li ML, Wu MS, Hsieh CF, Chou YC, Tang WF, Lau KS, Hung HC, Fang MY, Ko S, Hsieh HP, Horng JT. Identification of BPR3P0128 as an inhibitor of cap-snatching activities of influenza virus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2012. 56: 647-57.
387. Huang HI, Weng KF, Shih SR. Viral and host factors that contribute to pathogenicity of enterovirus 71. Future Microbiol 2012. 7: 467-79.
388. Huang SW, Wang YF, Yu CK, Su IJ, Wang JR. Mutations in VP2 and VP1 capsid proteins increase infectivity and mouse lethality of enterovirus
71 by virus binding and RNA accumulation enhancement. Virology 2012. 422: 132-43.
389. Huang WC, Huang LM, Kao CL, Lu CY, Shao PL, Cheng AL, Fan TY, Chi H, Chang LY. Seroprevalence of enterovirus 71 and no evidence of
crossprotection of enterovirus 71 antibody against the other enteroviruses in kindergarten children in Taipei city. J Microbiol Immunol Infect
2012. 45: 96-101.
390. Jheng JR, Lin CY, Horng JT, Lau KS. Inhibition of enterovirus 71 entry by transcription factor XBP1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012. 420: 882-7.
391. Lee HF, Chi CS, Jan SL, Fu YC, Huang FL, Chen PY, Wang CC, Wei HJ. Extracorporeal life support for critical enterovirus 71 rhombencephalomyelitis: long-term neurologic follow-up. Pediatr Neurol 2012. 46: 225-30.
392. Lee MS, Chiang PS, Luo ST, Huang ML, Liou GY, Tsao KC, Lin TY. Incidence rates of enterovirus 71 infections in young children during a
nationwide epidemic in Taiwan, 2008-09. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2012. 6: e1476.
393. Lee MS, Tseng FC, Wang JR, Chi CY, Chong P, Su IJ. Challenges to licensure of enterovirus 71 vaccines. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2012. 6: e1737.
394. Lee YP, Wang YF, Wang JR, Huang SW, Yu CK. Enterovirus 71 blocks selectively type I interferon production through the 3C viral protein in
mice. J Med Virol 2012. 84: 1779-89.
395. Li Y, Zhu R, Qian Y, Deng J. The characteristics of blood glucose and WBC counts in peripheral blood of cases of hand foot and mouth
disease in China: a systematic review. PLoS One 2012. 7: e29003.
396. Lin LY, Yang TH, Lin YJ, Yu HR, Yang KD, Huang YC, Chang WC, Kuo HC. Comparison of the laboratory data between Kawasaki disease and
enterovirus after intravenous immunoglobulin treatment. Pediatr Cardiol 2012. 33: 1269-74.
397. Lin YC, Lin ST, Chen CY, Wu SC. Enterovirus 71 adsorption on metal ion-composite chitosan beads. Biotechnol Prog 2012. 28: 206-14.
398. Lin YJ, Chang YC, Hsiao NW, Hsieh JL, Wang CY, Kung SH, Tsai FJ, Lan YC, Lin CW. Fisetin and rutin as 3C protease inhibitors of enterovirus
A71. J Virol Methods 2012. 182: 93-8.
399. Lin YL, Yu CI, Hu YC, Tsai TJ, Kuo YC, Chi WK, Lin AN, Chiang BL. Enterovirus type 71 neutralizing antibodies in the serum of macaque
monkeys immunized with EV71 virus-like particles. Vaccine 2012. 30: 1305-12.
400. Lin YW, Lin HY, Tsou YL, Chitra E, Hsiao KN, Shao HY, Liu CC, Sia C, Chong P, Chow YH. Human SCARB2-mediated entry and endocytosis of
EV71. PLoS One 2012. 7: e30507.
401. Schindler C, Fischer WB. Sequence alignment of viral channel proteins with cellular ion channels. J Comput Biol 2012. 19: 1060-72.
402. Su PY, Liu YT, Chang HY, Huang SW, Wang YF, Yu CK, Wang JR, Chang CF. Cell surface sialylation affects binding of enterovirus 71 to
rhabdomyosarcoma and neuroblastoma cells. BMC Microbiol 2012. 12: 162.
403. Wang CY, Huang SC, Zhang Y, Lai ZR, Kung SH, Chang YS, Lin CW. Antiviral Ability of Kalanchoe gracilis Leaf Extract against Enterovirus 71
and Coxsackievirus A16. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012. 2012: 503165.
404. Wang LC, Kao CM, Ling P, Su IJ, Chang TM, Chen SH. CD4 T-cell-independent antibody response reduces enterovirus 71 lethality in mice by
decreasing tissue viral loads. Clin Dev Immunol 2012. 2012: 580696.
405. Wang SM, Ho TS, Lin HC, Lei HY, Wang JR, Liu CC. Reemerging of enterovirus 71 in Taiwan: the age impact on disease severity. Eur J Clin
Microbiol Infect Dis 2012. 31: 1219-24.
406. Wang SM, Lei HY, Liu CC. Cytokine immunopathogenesis of enterovirus 71 brain stem encephalitis. Clin Dev Immunol 2012. 2012: 876241.
407. Chang HW, Lin YW, Ho HM, Lin MH, Liu CC, Shao HY, Chong P, Sia C, Chow YH. Protective efficacy of VP1-specific neutralizing antibody
associated with a reduction of viral load and pro-inflammatory cytokines in human SCARB2-transgenic mice. PLoS One 2013. 8: e69858.
408. Chang SC, Li WC, Huang KY, Huang YC, Chiu CH, Chen CJ, Hsieh YC, Kuo CY, Shih SR, Lin TY. Efficacy of alcohols and alcohol-based hand disinfectants against human enterovirus 71. J Hosp Infect 2013. 83: 288-93.
409. Chen IC, Wang SM, Yu CK, Liu CC. Subneutralizing antibodies to enterovirus 71 induce antibody-dependent enhancement of infection in
newborn mice. Med Microbiol Immunol 2013. 202: 259-65.
410. Chen LL, Kung YA, Weng KF, Lin JY, Horng JT, Shih SR. Enterovirus 71 infection cleaves a negative regulator for viral internal ribosomal entry
site-driven translation. J Virol 2013. 87: 3828-38.
411. Chen TY, Chen DY, Wen HW, Ou JL, Chiou SS, Chen JM, Wong ML, Hsu WL. Inhibition of enveloped viruses infectivity by curcumin. PLoS One
2013. 8: e62482.
412. Chen YS, Chen BC, Lin YS, Chang JT, Huang TS, Chen JJ, Chang TH. Detection of Aichi virus with antibody targeting of conserved viral
protein 1 epitope. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 2013. 97: 8529-36.
413. Cheng A, Fung CP, Liu CC, Lin YT, Tsai HY, Chang SC, Chou AH, Chang JY, Jiang RH, Hsieh YC, Su IJ, Chong PC, Hsieh SM. A Phase I, randomized, open-label study to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of an enterovirus 71 vaccine. Vaccine 2013. 31: 2471-6.119
414. Chi CY, Khanh TH, Thoa le PK, Tseng FC, Wang SM, Thinh le Q, Lin CC, Wu HC, Wang JR, Hung NT, Thuong TC, Chang CM, Su IJ, Liu CC.
Milrinone therapy for enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edema and/or neurogenic shock in children: a randomized controlled trial. Crit Care
Med 2013. 41: 1754-60.
415. Chi CY, Wang SM, Liu CC. The authors reply. Crit Care Med 2013. 41: e391-2.
416. Chou AH, Liu CC, Chang JY, Jiang R, Hsieh YC, Tsao A, Wu CL, Huang JL, Fung CP, Hsieh SM, Wang YF, Wang JR, Hu MH, Chiang JR, Su IJ,
Chong PC. Formalin-inactivated EV71 vaccine candidate induced cross-neutralizing antibody against subgenotypes B1, B4, B5 and C4A in
adult volunteers. PLoS One 2013. 8: e79783.
417. Chu SC, Wang ET, Liu DP. Is a monovalent vaccine against enterovirus 71 sufficient? A review of enterovirus 71 vaccine development based
on enterovirus surveillance in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc 2013. 112: 508-9.
418. Chung WH, Shih SR, Chang CF, Lin TY, Huang YC, Chang SC, Liu MT, Ko YS, Deng MC, Liau YL, Lin LH, Chen TH, Yang CH, Ho HC, Lin JW,
Lu CW, Lu CF, Hung SI. Clinicopathologic analysis of coxsackievirus a6 new variant induced widespread mucocutaneous bullous reactions
mimicking severe cutaneous adverse reactions. J Infect Dis 2013. 208: 1968-78.
419. Hong JJ, Wu TY, Chang TY, Chen CY. Viral IRES prediction system – a web server for prediction of the IRES secondary structure in silico. PLoS
One 2013. 8: e79288.
420. Hsu CC, Tokarz R, Briese T, Tsai HC, Quan PL, Lipkin WI. Use of staged molecular analysis to determine causes of unexplained central nervous system infections. Emerg Infect Dis 2013. 19: 1470-7.
421. Huang KY, Yang S, Tsao KC, Chen CJ, Hsieh YC, Chiu CH, Hsieh JY, Yang JY, Huang YC. Bedside immunochromatographic test for enterovirus 71 infection in children. J Clin Virol 2013. 58: 548-52.
422. Huang ML, Chiang PS, Chia MY, Luo ST, Chang LY, Lin TY, Ho MS, Lee MS. Cross-reactive neutralizing antibody responses to enterovirus 71
infections in young children: implications for vaccine development. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2013. 7: e2067.
423. Huang WC, Huang LM, Lu CY, Cheng AL, Chang LY. Atypical hand-foot-mouth disease in children: a hospital-based prospective cohort study.
Virol J 2013. 10: 209.
424. Huang YC, Chu YH, Yen TY, Huang WC, Huang LM, Cheng AL, Wang HY, Chang LY. Clinical features and phylogenetic analysis of Coxsackievirus A9 in Northern Taiwan in 2011. BMC Infect Dis 2013. 13: 33.
425. Huang YP, Lin TL, Lin TH, Wu HS. Antigenic and genetic diversity of human enterovirus 71 from 2009 to 2012, Taiwan. PLoS One 2013. 8:
426. Hung CH, Yang SN, Wang YF, Liao WT, Kuo PL, Tsai EM, Lee CL, Chao YS, Yu HS, Huang SK, Suen JL. Environmental alkylphenols modulate
cytokine expression in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. PLoS One 2013. 8: e73534.
427. Jan SL, Lin SJ, Fu YC, Lin MC, Chan SC, Hwang B. Plasma B-type natriuretic peptide study in children with severe enterovirus 71 infection: a
pilot study. Int J Infect Dis 2013. 17: e1166-71.
428. Kuo RL, Kao LT, Lin SJ, Wang RY, Shih SR. MDA5 plays a crucial role in enterovirus 71 RNA-mediated IRF3 activation. PLoS One 2013. 8:e63431.
429. Kuo RL, Shih SR. Strategies to develop antivirals against enterovirus 71. Virol J 2013. 10: 28.
430. Lee MD, Tzen CY, Lin CC, Huang FY, Liu HC, Tsai JD. Hemolytic uremic syndrome caused by enteroviral infection. Pediatr Neonatol 2013. 54:
431. Li HY, Tseng SH, Cheng TM, Chu HL, Lu YN, Wang FY, Tsai LY, Shieh JY, Yang JY, Juan CC, Tu LC, Chang CC. Rapid and highly sensitive detection of Enterovirus 71 by using nanogold-enhanced electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. Nanotechnology 2013. 24: 285102.
432. Liang ZL, Mao QY, Wang YP, Zhu FC, Li JX, Yao X, Gao F, Wu X, Xu M, Wang JZ. Progress on the research and development of inactivated
EV71 whole-virus vaccines. Hum Vaccin Immunother 2013. 9: 1701-5.
433. Lin CW, Chang CY, Chen WL, Lin SC, Liao CC, Chang JY, Liu CC, Hu AY, Lu TC, Chou AH, Wu SC, Chong P, Huang MH. Formulation and
immunological evaluation of a trivalent vaccine comprising emulsified submicron particles and inactivated virions of H5N1/EV71/JEV. Hum
Vaccin Immunother 2013. 9: 2378-85.
434. Lin HY, Yang YT, Yu SL, Hsiao KN, Liu CC, Sia C, Chow YH. Caveolar endocytosis is required for human PSGL-1-mediated enterovirus 71
infection. J Virol 2013. 87: 9064-76.
435. Lin YJ, Chung SY, Liang CD, Kuo HC, Huang CF, Chien SJ, Lin IC, Leu S, Sun CK, Ko SF, Sheu JJ, Yip HK. Impact of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support on clinical outcome of pediatric patients with acute cardiopulmonary failure: a single-center experience. Biomed J 2013. 36: 28-34.
436. Lin YJ, Lai CC, Lai CH, Sue SC, Lin CW, Hung CH, Lin TH, Hsu WY, Huang SM, Hung YL, Tien N, Liu X, Chen CL, Tsai FJ. Inhibition of enterovirus 71 infections and viral IRES activity by Fructus gardeniae and geniposide. Eur J Med Chem 2013. 62: 206-13.
437. Lin YW, Yu SL, Shao HY, Lin HY, Liu CC, Hsiao KN, Chitra E, Tsou YL, Chang HW, Sia C, Chong P, Chow YH. Human SCARB2 transgenic mice
as an infectious animal model for enterovirus 71. PLoS One 2013. 8: e57591.
438. Liu JY, Wang SM, Chen IC, Yu CK, Liu CC. Hepatic damage caused by coxsackievirus B3 is dependent on age-related tissue tropisms associated with the coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor. Pathog Dis 2013. 68: 52-60.
439. Lu JR, Lu WW, Lai JZ, Tsai FL, Wu SH, Lin CW, Kung SH. Calcium flux and calpain-mediated activation of the apoptosis-inducing factor
contribute to enterovirus 71-induced apoptosis. J Gen Virol 2013. 94: 1477-85.
440. Lu WH, Hsieh KS, Lu PJ, Wu YS, Ho WY, Lai CC, Wang JS, Ger LP, Hsiao M, Tseng CJ. Hexamethonium reverses the lethal cardiopulmonary
damages in a rat model of brainstem lesions mimicking fatal enterovirus 71 encephalitis. Crit Care Med 2013. 41: 1276-85.
441. Shen FH, Tsai CC, Wang LC, Chang KC, Tung YY, Su IJ, Chen SH. Enterovirus 71 infection increases expression of interferon-gamma-
inducible protein 10 which protects mice by reducing viral burden in multiple tissues. J Gen Virol 2013. 94: 1019-27.
442. Tsou YL, Lin YW, Chang HW, Lin HY, Shao HY, Yu SL, Liu CC, Chitra E, Sia C, Chow YH. Heat shock protein 90: role in enterovirus 71 entry
and assembly and potential target for therapy. PLoS One 2013. 8: e77133.
443. Wang CY, Huang SC, Lai ZR, Ho YL, Jou YJ, Kung SH, Zhang Y, Chang YS, Lin CW. Eupafolin and Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Kalanchoe gracilis Stem Extract Show Potent Antiviral Activities against Enterovirus 71 and Coxsackievirus A16. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013. 2013: 591354.
444. Wang JF, Xu CD, Tong SL, Chen HY, Yang WZ. Spatial dynamic patterns of hand-foot-mouth disease in the People’s Republic of China. Geospat Health 2013. 7: 381-90.
445. Wang RY, Kuo RL, Ma WC, Huang HI, Yu JS, Yen SM, Huang CR, Shih SR. Heat shock protein-90-beta facilitates enterovirus 71 viral particles
assembly. Virology 2013. 443: 236-47.
446. Wu CY, Wang HC, Wang KT, Weng SC, Chang WH, Shih DY, Lo CF, Wang DY. Neutralization of five subgenotypes of Enterovirus 71 by Taiwanese human plasma and Taiwanese plasma derived intravenous immunoglobulin. Biologicals 2013. 41: 154-7.
447. Wu WH, Kuo TC, Lin YT, Huang SW, Liu HF, Wang J, Chen YM. Molecular epidemiology of enterovirus 71 infection in the central region of
Taiwan from 2002 to 2012. PLoS One 2013. 8: e83711.
448. Xu M, Su L, Cao L, Zhong H, Dong N, Xu J. Enterovirus genotypes causing hand foot and mouth disease in Shanghai, China: a molecular
epidemiological analysis. BMC Infect Dis 2013. 13: 489.
449. Zhang SX, Li XM, Luo NC, Mei SJ, Jiang LJ. [Field epidemiological study on news reports that related to public health emergencies]. Zhonghua
Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2013. 34: 1203-7.
450. Chan TC, Hwang JS, Chen RH, King CC, Chiang PH. Spatio-temporal analysis on enterovirus cases through integrated surveillance in Taiwan.
BMC Public Health 2014. 14: 11.
451. Chang LY, Lu CY, Shao PL, Lee PI, Lin MT, Fan TY, Cheng AL, Lee WL, Hu JJ, Yeh SJ, Chang CC, Chiang BL, Wu MH, Huang LM. Viral infections associated with Kawasaki disease. J Formos Med Assoc 2014. 113: 148-54.
452. Cheng HY, Huang YC, Yen TY, Hsia SH, Hsieh YC, Li CC, Chang LY, Huang LM. The correlation between the presence of viremia and clinical severity in patients with enterovirus 71 infection: a multi-center cohort study. BMC Infect Dis 2014. 14: 417.
453. Cheng ML, Weng SF, Kuo CH, Ho HY. Enterovirus 71 induces mitochondrial reactive oxygen species generation that is required for efficient replication. PLoS One 2014. 9: e113234.
454. Chia MY, Chiang PS, Chung WY, Luo ST, Lee MS. Epidemiology of enterovirus 71 infections in Taiwan. Pediatr Neonatol 2014. 55: 243-9.
455. Chia MY, Chung WY, Chiang PS, Chien YS, Ho MS, Lee MS. Monitoring antigenic variations of enterovirus 71: implications for virus
surveillance and vaccine development. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2014. 8: e3044.
456. Chu-Chun T, Che-Ming Y. Is over-reporting a problem in mandatory communicable disease reporting? The Taiwanese experience on
enterovirus 71. J Infect Dev Ctries 2014. 8: 1294-300.
457. Falsey AR, McElhaney JE, Beran J, van Essen GA, Duval X, Esen M, Galtier F, Gervais P, Hwang SJ, Kremsner P, Launay O, Leroux-Roels G,
McNeil SA, Nowakowski A, Richardus JH, Ruiz-Palacios G, St Rose S, Devaster JM, Oostvogels L, Durviaux S, Taylor S. Respiratory syncytial
virus and other respiratory viral infections in older adults with moderate to severe influenza-like illness. J Infect Dis 2014. 209: 1873-81.
458. Ho BC, Yu IS, Lu LF, Rudensky A, Chen HY, Tsai CW, Chang YL, Wu CT, Chang LY, Shih SR, Lin SW, Lee CN, Yang PC, Yu SL. Inhibition of miR-146a prevents enterovirus-induced death by restoring the production of type I interferon. Nat Commun 2014. 5: 3344.
459. Hsiao HB, Chou AH, Lin SI, Chen IH, Lien SP, Liu CC, Chong P, Liu SJ. Toll-like receptor 9-mediated protection of enterovirus 71 infection in
mice is due to the release of danger-associated molecular patterns. J Virol 2014. 88: 11658-70.
460. Hsiao HB, Chou AH, Lin SI, Lien SP, Liu CC, Chong P, Chen CY, Tao MH, Liu SJ. Delivery of human EV71 receptors by adeno-associated virus
increases EV71 infection-induced local inflammation in adult mice. Biomed Res Int 2014. 2014: 878139.
461. Huang HI, Lin JY, Chen HH, Yeh SB, Kuo RL, Weng KF, Shih SR. Enterovirus 71 infects brain-derived neural progenitor cells. Virology 2014.
462. Huang PN, Shih SR. Update on enterovirus 71 infection. Curr Opin Virol 2014. 5: 98-104.
463. Huang SW, Cheng HL, Hsieh HY, Chang CL, Tsai HP, Kuo PH, Wang SM, Liu CC, Su IJ, Wang JR. Mutations in the non-structural protein region contribute to intra-genotypic evolution of enterovirus 71. J Biomed Sci 2014. 21: 33.
464. Huang YP, Lin TL, Chen YJ, Hsu CC, Lin TH, Wu HS. Phylogenetic analysis and development of an immunofluorescence assay for untypeable
strains of coxsackievirus B3. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2014. 47: 447-54.
465. Hung HC, Shih SR, Chang TY, Fang MY, Hsu JT. The combination effects of licl and the active leflunomide metabolite, A771726, on viral-121 induced interleukin 6 production and EV-A71 replication. PLoS One 2014. 9: e111331.
466. Jheng JR, Ho JY, Horng JT. ER stress, autophagy, and RNA viruses. Front Microbiol 2014. 5: 388.
467. Kung YA, Hung CT, Liu YC, Shih SR. Update on the development of enterovirus 71 vaccines. Expert Opin Biol Ther 2014. 14: 1455-64.
468. Kuo KC, Huang YH, Chen IL, Huang YC, Li CC, Kuo HC, Yeh YC, Lee CH. Are antibiotics beneficial to children suffering from enterovirus infection complicated with a high C-reactive protein level? Int J Infect Dis 2014. 25: 100-3.
469. Lee CJ, Huang YC, Yang S, Tsao KC, Chen CJ, Hsieh YC, Chiu CH, Lin TY. Clinical features of coxsackievirus A4, B3 and B4 infections in children. PLoS One 2014. 9: e87391.
470. Lee HF, Chi CS. Enterovirus 71 infection-associated acute flaccid paralysis: a case series of long-term neurologic follow-up. J Child Neurol
2014. 29: 1283-90.
471. Lee YR, Wang PS, Wang JR, Liu HS. Enterovirus 71-induced autophagy increases viral replication and pathogenesis in a suckling mouse model. J Biomed Sci 2014. 21: 80.
472. Li JX, Mao QY, Liang ZL, Ji H, Zhu FC. Development of enterovirus 71 vaccines: from the lab bench to Phase III clinical trials. Expert Rev Vaccines 2014. 13: 609-18.
473. Liang Z, Wang J. EV71 vaccine, an invaluable gift for children. Clin Transl Immunology 2014. 3: e28.
474. Liao CC, Liou AT, Chang YS, Wu SY, Chang CS, Lee CK, Kung JT, Tu PH, Yu YY, Lin CY, Lin JS, Shih C. Immunodeficient mouse models with
different disease profiles by in vivo infection with the same clinical isolate of enterovirus 71. J Virol 2014. 88: 12485-99.
475. Lin CW, Liu CC, Lu TC, Liu SJ, Chow YH, Chong P, Huang MH. Immunogenicity studies of bivalent inactivated virions of EV71/CVA16
formulated with submicron emulsion systems. Biomed Res Int 2014. 2014: 670506.
476. Lin JJ, Lin KL, Chiu CH, Hsia SH, Wang HS, Chou IJ, Lin YT, Group CS. Antineuronal antibodies and infectious pathogens in severe acute pediatric encephalitis. J Child Neurol 2014. 29: 11-6.
477. Lin JY, Li ML, Brewer G. mRNA decay factor AUF1 binds the internal ribosomal entry site of enterovirus 71 and inhibits virus replication. PLoS
One 2014. 9: e103827.
478. Lin JY, Shih SR. Cell and tissue tropism of enterovirus 71 and other enteroviruses infections. J Biomed Sci 2014. 21: 18.
479. Lin SY, Chung YC, Chiu HY, Chi WK, Chiang BL, Hu YC. Evaluation of the stability of enterovirus 71 virus-like particle. J Biosci Bioeng 2014. 117: 366-71.
480. Lin YC, Chang CH. In vitro inhibition of enterovirus 71 infection with a nickel ion/chitosan microcomposite. Virus Res 2014. 190: 17-24.
481. Lin YL, Hu YC, Liang CC, Lin SY, Liang YC, Yuan HP, Chiang BL. Enterovirus-71 virus-like particles induce the activation and maturation of
human monocyte-derived dendritic cells through TLR4 signaling. PLoS One 2014. 9: e111496.
482. Ling BP, Jalilian FA, Harmal NS, Yubbu P, Sekawi Z. Detection and characterization of viruses causing hand, foot and mouth disease from
children in Seri Kembangan, Malaysia. Trop Biomed 2014. 31: 654-62.
483. Liu CC, Chow YH, Chong P, Klein M. Prospect and challenges for the development of multivalent vaccines against hand, foot and mouth
diseases. Vaccine 2014. 32: 6177-82.
484. Liu CC, Hwang CS, Yang WS, Tsai DC, Wu SH, Chou AH, Chow YH, Wu SC, Wang JR, Chiang JR, Huang CC, Pan CH, Chong P. Long-term
immunogenicity studies of formalin-inactivated enterovirus 71 whole-virion vaccine in macaques. PLoS One 2014. 9: e106756.
485. Liu YC, Kuo RL, Lin JY, Huang PN, Huang Y, Liu H, Arnold JJ, Chen SJ, Wang RY, Cameron CE, Shih SR. Cytoplasmic viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase disrupts the intracellular splicing machinery by entering the nucleus and interfering with Prp8. PLoS Pathog 2014. 10:e1004199.
486. Shen FH, Shen TJ, Chang TM, Su IJ, Chen SH. Early dexamethasone treatment exacerbates enterovirus 71 infection in mice. Virology 2014.
487. Tsai JD, Kuo HT, Chen SM, Lue KH, Sheu JN. Neurological images and the predictors for neurological sequelae of epidemic herpangina/hand-
foot-mouth disease with encephalomyelitis. Neuropediatrics 2014. 45: 102-8.
488. Tung YT, Wu MF, Wang GJ, Hsieh SL. Nanostructured electrochemical biosensor for th0065 detection of the weak binding between the dengue
virus and the CLEC5A receptor. Nanomedicine 2014. 10: 1335-41.
489. Velu AB, Chen GW, Hsieh PT, Horng JT, Hsu JT, Hsieh HP, Chen TC, Weng KF, Shih SR. BPR-3P0128 inhibits RNA-dependent RNA polymerase elongation and VPg uridylylation activities of Enterovirus 71. Antiviral Res 2014. 112: 18-25.
490. Wang SM, Chen IC, Liao YT, Liu CC. The clinical correlation of regulatory T cells and cyclic adenosine monophosphate in enterovirus 71
infection. PLoS One 2014. 9: e102025.
491. Wang SM, Liu CC. Update of enterovirus 71 infection: epidemiology, pathogenesis and vaccine. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2014. 12: 447-56.
492. Wang YF, Yu CK. Animal models of enterovirus 71 infection: applications and limitations. J Biomed Sci 2014. 21: 31.
493. Wen H, Han L, Zhang X, Lian C, Zhao L, Si C, Chen H. Duck hepatitis A virus (DHAV) genotype definition: comment on the article by Cha et al.
Vet Microbiol 2014. 170: 462-4.
494. Weng KF, Hung CT, Hsieh PT, Li ML, Chen GW, Kung YA, Huang PN, Kuo RL, Chen LL, Lin JY, Wang RY, Chen SJ, Tang P, Horng JT, Huang
HI, Wang JR, Ojcius DM, Brewer G, Shih SR. A cytoplasmic RNA virus generates functional viral small RNAs and regulates viral IRES activity in
mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res 2014. 42: 12789-805.
495. Yang TO, Huang WT, Chen MH, Chen PC. Seasonal synchrony in incidences of common infectious diagnoses in early childhood among
neighbouring regions. Int J Infect Dis 2014. 28: 214-6.
496. Yen MH, Lee JJ, Yeh CF, Wang KC, Chiang YW, Chiang LC, Chang JS. Yakammaoto inhibited human coxsackievirus B4 (CVB4)-induced
airway and renal tubular injuries by preventing viral attachment, internalization, and replication. J Ethnopharmacol 2014. 151: 1056-63.
497. Zhang S, Lin Y, Wang J, Wang P, Chen J, Xue M, He S, Zhou W, Xu F, Liu P, Chen P, Ge S, Xia N. A convenient nucleic acid test on the basis of
the capillary convective PCR for the on-site detection of enterovirus 71. J Mol Diagn 2014. 16: 452-8.
498. Chang CY, Li JR, Ou YC, Chen WY, Liao SL, Raung SL, Hsiao AL, Chen CJ. Enterovirus 71 infection caused neuronal cell death and cytokine
expression in cultured rat neural cells. IUBMB Life 2015. 67: 789-800.
499. Chang YL, Ho BC, Sher S, Yu SL, Yang PC. miR-146a and miR-370 coordinate enterovirus 71-induced cell apoptosis through targeting SOS1
and GADD45beta. Cell Microbiol 2015. 17: 802-18.
500. Chong P, Liu CC, Chow YH, Chou AH, Klein M. Review of enterovirus 71 vaccines. Clin Infect Dis 2015. 60: 797-803.
501. Chou IC, Lin CC, Kao CH. Enterovirus Encephalitis Increases the Risk of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Taiwanese Population-based Case-control Study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2015. 94: e707.
502. Chu PY, Tyan YC, Chen YS, Chen HL, Lu PL, Chen YH, Chen BC, Huang TS, Wang CF, Su HJ, Shi YY, Sanno-Duanda B, Lin KH, Motomura K.
Transmission and Demographic Dynamics of Coxsackievirus B1. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0129272.
503. Chung YC, Hsieh FC, Lin YJ, Wu TY, Lin CW, Lin CT, Tang NY, Jinn TR. Magnesium lithospermate B and rosmarinic acid, two compounds
present in Salvia miltiorrhiza, have potent antiviral activity against enterovirus 71 infections. Eur J Pharmacol 2015. 755: 127-33.
504. Geoghegan JL, Tan le V, Kuhnert D, Halpin RA, Lin X, Simenauer A, Akopov A, Das SR, Stockwell TB, Shrivastava S, Ngoc NM, Uyen le TT,
Tuyen NT, Thanh TT, Hang VT, Qui PT, Hung NT, Khanh TH, Thinh le Q, Nhan le NT, Van HM, Viet do C, Tuan HM, Viet HL, Hien TT, Chau NV, Thwaites G, Grenfell BT, Stadler T, Wentworth DE, Holmes EC, Van Doorn HR. Phylodynamics of Enterovirus A71-Associated Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease in Viet Nam. J Virol 2015. 89: 8871-9.
505. Gu H, Liu Z, Zhang L, Chen Y, Yang S, Zhang W, Li X. [The etiological and clinical characteristics of hospitalized children with hand, foot and mouth disease in Beijing in 2013]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 2015. 53: 459-63.
506. Huang HI, Shih SR. Neurotropic Enterovirus Infections in the Central Nervous System. Viruses 2015. 7: 6051-66.
507. Huang HW, Chen YS, Chen JY, Lu PL, Lin YC, Chen BC, Chou LC, Wang CF, Su HJ, Huang YC, Shi YY, Chen HL, Sanno-Duanda B, Huang TS, Lin KH, Tyan YC, Chu PY. Phylodynamic reconstruction of the spatiotemporal transmission and demographic history of coxsackievirus B2. BMC Bioinformatics 2015. 16: 302.
508. Huang KY, Lin JJ, Chiu CH, Yang S, Tsao KC, Huang YC, Lin TY. A Potent Virus-Specific Antibody-Secreting Cell Response to Acute Enterovirus 71 Infection in Children. J Infect Dis 2015. 212: 808-17.
509. Huang SW, Tai CH, Fonville JM, Lin CH, Wang SM, Liu CC, Su IJ, Smith DJ, Wang JR. Mapping Enterovirus A71 Antigenic Determinants from
Viral Evolution. J Virol 2015. 89: 11500-6.
510. Huang YT, Liao JT, Yen LC, Chang YK, Lin YL, Liao CL. Japanese encephalitis virus replicon-based vaccine expressing enterovirus-71 epitope
confers dual protection from lethal challenges. J Biomed Sci 2015. 22: 74.
511. Klein M, Chong P. Is a multivalent hand, foot, and mouth disease vaccine feasible? Hum Vaccin Immunother 2015. 11: 2688-704.
512. Kuo RL, Lin YH, Wang RY, Hsu CW, Chiu YT, Huang HI, Kao LT, Yu JS, Shih SR, Wu CC. Proteomics analysis of EV71-infected cells reveals the
involvement of host protein NEDD4L in EV71 replication. J Proteome Res 2015. 14: 1818-30.
513. Lee CC, Tang JH, Hwang JS, Shigematsu M, Chan TC. Effect of Meteorological and Geographical Factors on the Epidemics of Hand, Foot,
and Mouth Disease in Island-Type Territory, East Asia. Biomed Res Int 2015. 2015: 805039.
514. Lee CY, Chang YF, Lee CL, Wu MC, Ho CL, Chang YC, Chan YJ. Molecular viral epidemiology and clinical characterization of acute febrile respiratory infections in hospitalized children in Taiwan. J Med Virol 2015. 87: 1860-6.
515. Lee PH, Liu CM, Ho TS, Tsai YC, Lin CC, Wang YF, Chen YL, Yu CK, Wang SM, Liu CC, Shiau AL, Lei HY, Chang CP. Enterovirus 71 virion-associated galectin-1 facilitates viral replication and stability. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0116278.
516. Liao YT, Wang SM, Wang JR, Yu CK, Liu CC. Norepinephrine and Epinephrine Enhanced the Infectivity of Enterovirus 71. PLoS One 2015. 10:
517. Lim MC, Wang YF, Huang SW, Yang JY, Wang JR. High Incidence of Mammalian Orthoreovirus Identified by Environmental Surveillance in
Taiwan. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0142745.
518. Lin CP, Liu JL, Chen LY, Liu YC, Wang HC, Lin SJ, Chen PC, Wang KT, Huang CH, Yang YC, Cheng HF, Shih DY, Wang DY. Complete Genome
Sequence of Human Enterovirus Strain 71 (EV71/Taipei/3118/2011), Isolated from a Patient in Taiwan. Genome Announc 2015. 3.
519. Lin HC, Wang CH, Tsai FJ, Hwang KP, Chen W, Lin CC, Li TC. Enterovirus infection is associated with an increased risk of childhood type 1 diabetes in Taiwan: a nationwide population-based cohort study. Diabetologia 2015. 58: 79-86.
520. Lin JN, Lin CL, Lin MC, Lai CH, Lin HH, Yang CH, Sung FC, Kao CH. Risk of leukaemia in children infected with enterovirus: a nationwide,
retrospective, population-based, Taiwanese-registry, cohort study. Lancet Oncol 2015. 16: 1335-43.
521. Lin JY, Brewer G, Li ML. HuR and Ago2 Bind the Internal Ribosome Entry Site of Enterovirus 71 and Promote Virus Translation and Replication.
PLoS One 2015. 10: e0140291.
522. Lin SY, Chiu HY, Chiang BL, Hu YC. Development of EV71 virus-like particle purification processes. Vaccine 2015. 33: 5966-73.
523. Lin SY, Yeh CT, Li WH, Yu CP, Lin WC, Yang JY, Wu HL, Hu YC. Enhanced enterovirus 71 virus-like particle yield from a new baculovirus design. Biotechnol Bioeng 2015. 112: 2005-15.
524. Lin YJ, Liu WT, Stark H, Huang CT. Expression of enterovirus 71 virus-like particles in transgenic enoki (Flammulina velutipes). Appl Microbiol
Biotechnol 2015. 99: 6765-74.
525. Luo ST, Chiang PS, Chung WY, Chia MY, Tsao KC, Wang YH, Lin TY, Lee MS. Reemergence of enterovirus 71 epidemic in northern Taiwan, 2012. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0116322.
526. Shih HI, Wang HC, Su IJ, Hsu HC, Wang JR, Sun HF, Chou CH, Ko WC, Hsieh MI, Wu CJ. Viral Respiratory Tract Infections in Adult Patients
Attending Outpatient and Emergency Departments, Taiwan, 2012-2013: A PCR/Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry Study. Medicine
(Baltimore) 2015. 94: e1545.
527. Su PY, Wang YF, Huang SW, Lo YC, Wang YH, Wu SR, Shieh DB, Chen SH, Wang JR, Lai MD, Chang CF. Cell surface nucleolin facilitates
enterovirus 71 binding and infection. J Virol 2015. 89: 4527-38.
528. Tang JH, Chan TC, Shigematsu M, Hwang JS. Latitude-based approach for detecting aberrations of hand, foot, and mouth disease epidemics.
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2015. 15: 113.
529. Tang WF, Huang RT, Chien KY, Huang JY, Lau KS, Jheng JR, Chiu CH, Wu TY, Chen CY, Horng JT. Host MicroRNA miR-197 Plays a Negative
Regulatory Role in the Enterovirus 71 Infectious Cycle by Targeting the RAN Protein. J Virol 2015. 90: 1424-38.
530. Tsou YL, Lin YW, Shao HY, Yu SL, Wu SR, Lin HY, Liu CC, Huang C, Chong P, Chow YH. Recombinant adeno-vaccine expressing enterovirus
71-like particles against hand, foot, and mouth disease. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2015. 9: e0003692.
531. Tu YF, Lin CH, Lee HT, Yan JJ, Sze CI, Chou YP, Ho CJ, Huang CC. Elevated cerebrospinal fluid endothelin 1 associated with neurogenic
pulmonary edema in children with enterovirus 71 encephalitis. Int J Infect Dis 2015. 34: 105-11.
532. Tung CY, Chou TC, Lin JW. Using prediction markets of market scoring rule to forecast infectious diseases: a case study in Taiwan. BMC Public Health 2015. 15: 766.
533. Wang CY, Huang AC, Hour MJ, Huang SH, Kung SH, Chen CH, Chen IC, Chang YS, Lien JC, Lin CW. Antiviral Potential of a Novel Compound
CW-33 against Enterovirus A71 via Inhibition of Viral 2A Protease. Viruses 2015. 7: 3155-71.
534. Wang LC, Chen SO, Chang SP, Lee YP, Yu CK, Chen CL, Tseng PC, Hsieh CY, Chen SH, Lin CF. Enterovirus 71 Proteins 2A and 3D Antagonize
the Antiviral Activity of Gamma Interferon via Signaling Attenuation. J Virol 2015. 89: 7028-37.
535. Wang RY, Kuo RL, Yen SM, Chu CH, Wu YJ, Huang YC, Chen CJ. Proteome demonstration of alpha-1-acid glycoprotein and alpha-1-
antichymotrypsin candidate biomarkers for diagnosis of enterovirus 71 infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2015. 34: 304-10.
536. Weng TC, Chan TC, Lin HT, Chang CK, Wang WW, Li ZR, Cheng HY, Chu YR, Chiu AW, Yen MY, King CC. Early detection for cases of enterovirus- and influenza-like illness through a newly established school-based syndromic surveillance system in Taipei, January 2010 ~ August 2011. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0122865.
537. Wu CY, Lin YW, Kuo CH, Liu WH, Tai HF, Pan CH, Chen YT, Hsiao PW, Chan CH, Chang CC, Liu CC, Chow YH, Chen JR. Inactivated Enterovirus 71 Vaccine Produced by 200-L Scale Serum-Free Microcarrier Bioreactor System Provides Cross-Protective Efficacy in Human SCARB2 Transgenic Mouse. PLoS One 2015. 10: e0136420.
538. Wu YH, Chiu DT, Lin HR, Tang HY, Cheng ML, Ho HY. Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Enhances Antiviral Response through
Downregulation of NADPH Sensor HSCARG and Upregulation of NF-kappaB Signaling. Viruses 2015. 7: 6689-706.
539. Yang L, Li S, Liu Y, Hou W, Lin Q, Zhao H, Xu L, He D, Ye X, Zhu H, Cheng T, Xia N. Construction and characterization of an infectious clone of
coxsackievirus A6 that showed high virulence in neonatal mice. Virus Res 2015. 210: 165-8.
540. Yeh CF, Wang KC, Lu CY, Chiang LC, Shieh DE, Yen MH, Chang JS. Yakammaoto inhibits enterovirus 71 infection by reducing viral attachment,
internalization, replication, and translation. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2015. 31: 293-302.
541. Yen LC, Liao JT, Lee HJ, Chou WY, Chen CW, Lin YL, Liao CL. The C Terminus of the Core beta-Ladder Domain in Japanese Encephalitis Virus
Nonstructural Protein 1 Is Flexible for Accommodation of Heterologous Epitope Fusion. J Virol 2015. 90: 1178-89.
542. Yen MH, Huang YC, Chen MC, Liu CC, Chiu NC, Lien R, Chang LY, Chiu CH, Tsao KC, Lin TY. Effect of intravenous immunoglobulin for neonates with severe enteroviral infections with emphasis on the timing of administration. J Clin Virol 2015. 64: 92-6.
543. Yin T, Yang L, Lee TY, Li CC, Hua YM, Liaw JJ. Development of atraumatic heel-stick procedures by combined treatment with non-nutritive
sucking, oral sucrose, and facilitated tucking: a randomised, controlled trial. Int J Nurs Stud 2015. 52: 1288-99.
544. Chang PC, Chen SC, Chen KT. The Current Status of the Disease Caused by Enterovirus 71 Infections: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Molecular
Epidemiology, and Vaccine Development. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2016. 13.
545. Chen MF, Shih SR. Motor coordination and balance measurements reveal differential pathogenicity of currently spreading enterovirus 71
strains in human SCARB2 transgenic mice. J Gen Virol 2016. 97: 3243-7.
546. Chen TH, Lee F, Lin YL, Pan CH, Shih CN, Tseng CH, Tsai HJ. Development of a multiplex Luminex assay for detecting swine antibodies to 124 structural and nonstructural proteins of foot-and-mouth disease virus in Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2016. 49: 196-207.
547. Chiu HH, Lan CC, Wu CS, Kuo KC, Chen GS, Wei KC. Onychomadesis following hand-foot-and-mouth disease. Cutis 2016. 97: E20-1.
548. Chiu WY, Lo YH, Yeh TC. Coxsackievirus associated hand, foot and mouth disease in an adult. QJM 2016. 109: 823-4.
549. Chou CA, Lin TI, Chen YS, Liu PY, Huang YF, Chen YY, Hsieh KS, Chen YS, Ger LP. Comparisons of etiology and diagnostic tools of lower
respiratory tract infections in hospitalized young children in Southern Taiwan in two seasons. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2016. 49: 539-45.
550. Chung WY, Chiang PS, Luo ST, Lin TY, Tsao KC, Lee MS. A Molecular Approach Applied to Enteroviruses Surveillance in Northern Taiwan,
2008-2012. PLoS One 2016. 11: e0167532.
551. Donato C, Hoi le T, Hoa NT, Hoa TM, Van Duyet L, Dieu Ngan TT, Van Kinh N, Vu Trung N, Vijaykrishna D. Genetic characterization of
Enterovirus 71 strains circulating in Vietnam in 2012. Virology 2016. 495: 1-9.
552. Gong YN, Yang SL, Shih SR, Huang YC, Chang PY, Huang CG, Kao KC, Hu HC, Liu YC, Tsao KC. Molecular evolution and the global reemergence of enterovirus D68 by genome-wide analysis. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016. 95: e4416.
553. Ho BC, Yang PC, Yu SL. MicroRNA and Pathogenesis of Enterovirus Infection. Viruses 2016. 8.
554. Ho JY, Chern JH, Hsieh CF, Liu ST, Liu CJ, Wang YS, Kuo TW, Hsu SJ, Yeh TK, Shih SR, Hsieh PW, Chiu CH, Horng JT. In vitro and in vivo studies of a potent capsid-binding inhibitor of enterovirus 71. J Antimicrob Chemother 2016. 71: 1922-32.
555. Hou HY, Lu WW, Wu KY, Lin CW, Kung SH. Idarubicin is a broad-spectrum enterovirus replication inhibitor that selectively targets the virus
internal ribosomal entry site. J Gen Virol 2016. 97: 1122-33.
556. Hsieh YJ, Yen MH, Chiang YW, Yeh CF, Chiang LC, Shieh DE, Yeh I, Chang JS. Gan-Lu-Siao-Du-yin, a prescription of traditional Chinese medicine, inhibited enterovirus 71 replication, translation, and virus-induced cell apoptosis. J Ethnopharmacol 2016. 185: 132-9.
557. Huang HI, Chang YY, Lin JY, Kuo RL, Liu HP, Shih SR, Wu CC. Interactome analysis of the EV71 5′ untranslated region in differentiated
neuronal cells SH-SY5Y and regulatory role of FBP3 in viral replication. Proteomics 2016. 16: 2351-62.
558. Huang WC, Chen HL, Chen HY, Peng KP, Lee Y, Huang LM, Chang LY, Liu FT. Galectin-3 and Its Genetic Variation rs4644 Modulate Enterovirus 71 Infection. PLoS One 2016. 11: e0168627.
559. Hung CT, Kung YA, Li ML, Brewer G, Lee KM, Liu ST, Shih SR. Additive Promotion of Viral Internal Ribosome Entry Site-Mediated Translation
by Far Upstream Element-Binding Protein 1 and an Enterovirus 71-Induced Cleavage Product. PLoS Pathog 2016. 12: e1005959.
560. Jheng JR, Wang SC, Jheng CR, Horng JT. Enterovirus 71 induces dsRNA/PKR-dependent cytoplasmic redistribution of GRP78/BiP to promote viral replication. Emerg Microbes Infect 2016. 5: e23.
561. Lai CC, Jiang DS, Wu HM, Chen HH. A dynamic model for the outbreaks of hand, foot, and mouth disease in Taiwan. Epidemiol Infect 2016. 144: 1500-11.
562. Lee CC, Lu X, Xiao Z, Yang M, Zhu Y. Prognostic Value of B-Type Natriuretic Peptide, Leukocytosis, and Hyperglycemia in Children with
Severe Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Shock 2016. 45: 620-5.
563. Lee JA, Yoon YS, Hyeon JY, Yoo JS, Lee SW, Lee JW, Lee SW. Sequence analysis of the first C2 subgenogroup strain of enterovirus 71 isolated in Korea. J Clin Virol 2016. 85: 13-6.
564. Li EY, Tung CY, Chang SH. The wisdom of crowds in action: Forecasting epidemic diseases with a web-based prediction market system. Int J Med Inform 2016. 92: 35-43.
565. Lin JN, Lin CL, Yang CH, Lin MC, Lai CH, Lin HH, Kao CH. Risk of Nephrotic Syndrome following Enteroviral Infection in Children: A
Nationwide Retrospective Cohort Study. PLoS One 2016. 11: e0161004.
566. Lin PS, Kung YH, Clayton M. Spatial scan statistics for detection of multiple clusters with arbitrary shapes. Biometrics 2016. 72: 1226-34.
567. Liou AT, Wu SY, Liao CC, Chang YS, Chang CS, Shih C. A new animal model containing human SCARB2 and lacking stat-1 is highly susceptible to EV71. Sci Rep 2016. 6: 31151.
568. Liu CC, Guo MS, Wu SR, Lin HY, Yang YT, Liu WC, Chow YH, Shieh DB, Wang JR, Chong P. Immunological and biochemical characterizations of coxsackievirus A6 and A10 viral particles. Antiviral Res 2016. 129: 58-66.
569. Liu DP, Wang TA, Huang WT, Chang LY, Wang ET, Cheng SH, Yang MC. Disease burden of enterovirus infection in Taiwan: Implications for vaccination policy. Vaccine 2016. 34: 974-80.
570. Tsai CS, Yang YH, Huang KY, Lee Y, McIntyre RS, Chen VC. Association of Tic Disorders and Enterovirus Infection: A Nationwide Population-Based Study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016. 95: e3347.
571. Wan GH, Huang CG, Chung FF, Lin TY, Tsao KC, Huang YC. Detection of Common Respiratory Viruses and Mycoplasma pneumoniae in Patient-Occupied Rooms in Pediatric Wards. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016. 95: e3014.
572. Wang KT, Lin SJ, Wang HC, Chen PC, Lin JJ, Chiang JR, Chang CL, Shih DY, Lo CF, Wang DY. Establishment of an animal challenge model as a potency assay for an inactivated Enterovirus Type 71 vaccine. Biologicals 2016. 44: 183-90.
573. Wang RY, Weng KF, Huang YC, Chen CJ. Elevated expression of circulating miR876-5p is a specific response to severe EV71 infections. Sci
Rep 2016. 6: 24149.
574. Wang SM. Milrinone in Enterovirus 71 Brain Stem Encephalitis. Front Pharmacol 2016. 7: 82.
575. Wiyatno A, Antonjaya U, Ma’roef CN, Riswari SF, Djauhari H, Artika IM, Monagin C, Schneider BS, Myint KS, Alisjahbana B, Safari D, Kosasih 125
H. Detection and identification of coxsackievirus B3 from sera of an Indonesian patient with undifferentiated febrile illness. J Infect Dev Ctries
2016. 10: 880-3.
576. Yang TO, Huang WT, Chen MH, Chen PC. Diagnostic uncertainty of herpangina and hand-foot-and-mouth disease and its impact on national
enterovirus syndromic monitoring. Epidemiol Infect 2016. 144: 1512-9.
577. Yang YT, Chow YH, Hsiao KN, Hu KC, Chiang JR, Wu SC, Chong P, Liu CC. Development of a full-length cDNA-derived enterovirus A71 vaccine candidate using reverse genetics technology. Antiviral Res 2016. 132: 225-32.
578. Yen YC, Chu PH, Lu PL, Lin YC, Shi YY, Chou LC, Wang CF, Lin YY, Su HJ, Lin CC, Zeng JY, Tyan YC, Ke GM, Chu PY. Phylodynamic Characterization of an Ocular-Tropism Coxsackievirus A24 Variant. PLoS One 2016. 11: 0160672.
579. Arthur Huang KY, Chen MF, Huang YC, Shih SR, Chiu CH, Lin JJ, Wang JR, Tsao KC, Lin TY. Epitope-associated and specificity-focused features of EV71-neutralizing antibody repertoires from plasmablasts of infected children. Nat Commun 2017. 8: 762.
580. Chang YH, Lau KS, Kuo RL, Horng JT. dsRNA Binding Domain of PKR Is Proteolytically Released by Enterovirus A71 to Facilitate Viral Replication. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2017. 7: 284.
581. Chen MF, Weng KF, Huang SY, Liu YC, Tseng SN, Ojcius DM, Shih SR. Pretreatment with a heat-killed probiotic modulates monocyte
chemoattractant protein-1 and reduces the pathogenicity of influenza and enterovirus 71 infections. Mucosal Immunol 2017. 10: 215-27.
582. Chen SG, Cheng ML, Chen KH, Horng JT, Liu CC, Wang SM, Sakurai H, Leu YL, Wang SD, Ho HY. Antiviral activities of Schizonepeta tenuifolia Briq. against enterovirus 71 in vitro and in vivo. Sci Rep 2017. 7: 935.
583. Chen SG, Leu YL, Cheng ML, Ting SC, Liu CC, Wang SD, Yang CH, Hung CY, Sakurai H, Chen KH, Ho HY. Anti-enterovirus 71 activities of Melissa officinalis extract and its biologically active constituent rosmarinic acid. Sci Rep 2017. 7: 12264.
584. Chiang YW, Yeh CF, Yen MH, Lu CY, Chiang LC, Shieh DE, Chang JS. Flos Farfarae Inhibits Enterovirus 71-Induced Cell Injury by Preventing Viral Replication and Structural Protein Expression. Am J Chin Med 2017. 45: 299-317.
585. Chiu CC, Yang CY, Yang TF, Lin KP, Huang SH, Wang JC. Acute Sensory Neuronopathy following Enterovirus Infection in a 3-Year-Old Girl.
Neuropediatrics 2017. 48: 190-3.
586. Chiu HH, Wu CS, Lan CE. Onychomadesis: A Late Complication of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. J Emerg Med 2017. 52: 243-5.
587. Hong CH, Hsieh CF, Tseng CS, Huang WC, Guo CY, Lin S, Lee SC. A nanobiosensing method based on force measurement of antibody-antigen interaction for direct detection of enterovirus 71 by the chemically modified atomic force microscopic probe. Microb Pathog 2017. 111: 292-7.
588. Huang PN, Jheng JR, Arnold JJ, Wang JR, Cameron CE, Shih SR. UGGT1 enhances enterovirus 71 pathogenicity by promoting viral RNA synthesis and viral replication. PLoS Pathog 2017. 13: e1006375.
589. Huang SW, Huang YH, Tsai HP, Kuo PH, Wang SM, Liu CC, Wang JR. A Selective Bottleneck Shapes the Evolutionary Mutant Spectra of
Enterovirus A71 during Viral Dissemination in Humans. J Virol 2017. 91.
590. Huang WC, Shih WL, Yang SC, Yen TY, Lee JT, Huang YC, Li CC, Hsieh YC, Lin TY, Chang LY, Huang LM. Predicting severe enterovirus 71 infection: Age, comorbidity, and parental behavior matter. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2017. 50: 10-6.
591. Huang YP, Lin TL, Lin TH, Wu HS. Molecular and epidemiological study of enterovirus D68 in Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2017. 50:411-7.
592. Kumar V, Shin JS, Shie JJ, Ku KB, Kim C, Go YY, Huang KF, Kim M, Liang PH. Identification and evaluation of potent Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) 3CL(Pro) inhibitors. Antiviral Res 2017. 141: 101-6.
593. Kung YA, Hung CT, Chien KY, Shih SR. Control of the negative IRES trans-acting factor KHSRP by ubiquitination. Nucleic Acids Res 2017. 45:
594. Lee ZM, Huang YH, Ho SC, Kuo HC. Correlation of symptomatic enterovirus infection and later risk of allergic diseases via a population-based cohort study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2017. 96: e5827.
595. Liao YT, Hsieh MH, Yang YH, Wang YC, Tsai CS, Chen VC, Gossop M. Association between depression and enterovirus infection: A
nationwide population-based cohort study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2017. 96: e5983.
596. Lin JN, Lin CL, Yen HR, Yang CH, Lai CH, Lin HH, Kao CH. Increased Risk of Tics in Children Infected with Enterovirus: A Nationwide
Population-Based Study. J Dev Behav Pediatr 2017. 38: 276-82.
597. Liu CC, Wu SC, Wu SR, Lin HY, Guo MS, Yung-Chih Hu A, Chow YH, Chiang JR, Shieh DB, Chong P. Enhancing enterovirus A71 vaccine
production yield by microcarrier profusion bioreactor culture. Vaccine 2017.
598. Lu WW, Kung FY, Deng PA, Lin YC, Lin CW, Kung SH. Development of a fluorescence resonance energy transfer-based intracellular assay to
identify novel enterovirus 71 antivirals. Arch Virol 2017. 162: 713-20.
599. Ma HY, Lu CY, Tsao KC, Shih HM, Cheng AL, Huang LM, Chang LY. Association of EV71 3C polymorphisms with clinical severity. J Microbiol
Immunol Infect 2017.
600. Prabowo BA, Wang RYL, Secario MK, Ou PT, Alom A, Liu JJ, Liu KC. Rapid detection and quantification of Enterovirus 71 by a portable surface plasmon resonance biosensor. Biosens Bioelectron 2017. 92: 186-91.
601. Wang CC, Sivashanmugan K, Chen CK, Hong JR, Sung WI, Liao JD, Yang YS. Specific Unbinding Forces Between Mutated Human P-Selectin
Glycoprotein Ligand-1 and Viral Protein-1 Measured Using Force spectroscopy. J Phys Chem Lett 2017. 8: 5290-5.126
602. Wang LC, Yao HW, Chang CF, Wang SW, Wang SM, Chen SH. Suppression of interleukin-6 increases enterovirus A71 lethality in mice. J
Biomed Sci 2017. 24: 94.
603. Wei CC, Tsai JD. An Infant With Fever and Rash. Ann Emerg Med 2017. 69: e15-e6.
604. Weng KP, Wei JC, Hung YM, Huang SH, Chien KJ, Lin CC, Huang SM, Lin CL, Cheng MF. Enterovirus Infection and Subsequent Risk of Kawasaki Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2017.
605. Yeh JJ, Lin CL, Hsu WH. Effect of enterovirus infections on asthma in young children: A national cohort study. Eur J Clin Invest 2017. 47.
606. Chen VC, Yang YH, Kuo TY, Huang KY, Huang YC, Lee Y, McIntyre RS, Huang YS, Hsu CY. Increased Incidence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in
Hospitalized Children following Enterovirus Infection: A Nationwide Population-Based Cohort Study. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2018.
607. Chia MY, Chung WY, Wang CH, Chang WH, Lee MS. Development of a high-growth enterovirus 71 vaccine candidate inducing cross-reactive
neutralizing antibody responses. Vaccine 2018. 36: 1167-73.
608. Huang HI, Chio CC, Lin JY. Inhibition of EV71 by curcumin in intestinal epithelial cells. PLoS One 2018. 13: e0191617.
609. Jheng JR, Lau KS, Lan YW, Horng JT. A novel role of ER stress signal transducer ATF6 in regulating enterovirus A71 viral protein stability. J
Biomed Sci 2018. 25: 9.
610. Lu CY, Huang LM, Fan TY, Cheng AL, Chang LY. Incidence of respiratory viral infections and associated factors among children attending a
public kindergarten in Taipei City. J Formos Med Assoc 2018. 117: 132-40.
611. Wang YC, Tsai CS, Yang YH, Huang KY, Hsieh WC, Kuo TY, Chen VC, Wong J, Ponton L, Wang TN. Association Between Enterovirus Infection
and Asthma in Children: A 16-year Nationwide Population-Based Cohort Study. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2018.
612. Wei HY, Yeh TK, Hsieh JY, Lin IP, Yang JY. Updates on the molecular epidemiology of Enterovirus D68 after installation of screening test among
acute flaccid paralysis patients in Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2018.
613. Yen MH, Huang CI, Lee MS, Cheng YP, Hsieh CJ, Chiang LC, Chang JS. Artemisia capillaris inhibited enterovirus 71-induced cell injury by
preventing viral internalization. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2018. 34: 150-9.